LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Former Ravens T Orlando Brown dies

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran

Orlando Brown, a former tackle for Baltimore and Cleveland, has died at the age of 40. According to the Baltimore Sun, Brown was found dead Friday at his Baltimore home. A police spokesperson told the paper there were no signs of foul play or suspicious activity.

Brown, a physically imposing tackle nicknamed "Zeus," finished his playing career with Baltimore in 2005. He played in six seasons (1996-98, 2003-05) for the Ravens, starting 80 of 84 games played. Baltimore City Police told the team about his death Friday afternoon.

"He's one of the greatest men I know -- really a gentle giant away from the game," said Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who added he saw Brown just a few days ago. "He was the original Raven. He set the tone for how we were going to play tough and physical, backing down from no opponent."
Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said Brown was still involved with the team, working with some of its young players.
"What he did for the present team, that's just who he is as a person and who he's been," Harbaugh said. "I just can't express our sorrow enough, on behalf of our team and our organization, for his loss today."

Brown attended South Carolina State University and signed with the Cleveland Browns as a rookie free agent in 1993. He played three seasons with Cleveland (1994-95, 1999), starting 39 of 45 games, but missed three years after suffering an eye injury after accidentally being struck by a penalty flag.

Haven't seen this posted yet... dude was good, I think we will all remember him as a member of the Browns getting hit in the eye with a ref flag. Was a great tackle especially after his comeback, RIP

R.I.P. Orlando Brown
R.I.P. Tony Orlando and Brown
RIP
that's f**ked up man. Too young. R.I.P.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wasn't he that guy that pushed the ref because the ref hit him in eye with the yellow flag.

RIP
Originally posted by susweel:
Wasn't he that guy that pushed the ref because the ref hit him in eye with the yellow flag.

RIP

yea.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
so we don't joke when the guy from Spartacus dies but we do when a guy around the same age does?
That's sad...

RIP Orlando Jones
Whats up with all the f**king dumb jokes?

RIP
Wow, that flag knocked him out for 3 years. This is a sad day for the NFL. The league should name something in honor of him for the time he missed playing from the injury
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Whats up with all the f**king dumb jokes?

Tend to agree. Too early, people, show a little respect.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Wow, that flag knocked him out for 3 years. This is a sad day for the NFL. The league should name something in honor of him for the time he missed playing from the injury

Just googled that incident. He sued the NFL and they settled for like 25 million. I think the NFL has done enough for him already.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

R.I.P. Orlando Brown

lol....
Share 49ersWebzone