There are 185 users in the forums

Who is the best receiver in Philly?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is the best receiver in Philly?

Jackson has established himself as the big play, deep threat that can put the team on his back in the final minutes to win the game. Maclin on the other hand is growing into a solid possession receiver that has great hands and can be counted on to move the ball especially when needed. If there was a head to head competition or if you had to pick one to be on your team, which guy has the most value to you?
Give me Jackson. Maclin is okay but Desean Jackson just leaves you in awe with the things he does. The guy is amazing.
Steve Smith
Maclin is the better overall receiver but jackson is the bigger threat
djax
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Maclin is the better overall receiver but jackson is the bigger threat

+1. Maclin's not just a posession guy either, he's got deep speed. He runs like 4.4. It's just that DJax is the guy who goes deep all the time so Maclin does other things.
Maclin drafted after Crabtree.
but is Maclin just benefiting from all the attention going onto Jackson?
Maclin is good, Jackson is dynamic.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by YungAce:
djax

Maclin

Maclin has 16 TDs in 3 years
Jackson has 18 in 4 years
Originally posted by valrod33:
Maclin

jackson should have atleast 19 but the dumbass spiked the ball before he went into the endzone like a ruhtard lol
Maclin

this includes his TDs on special teams? i'm surprised
better receiver is Maclin, better athlete is DJax.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Maclin

this includes his TDs on special teams? i'm surprised

No, those are his TD reception totals. He also has 3 rushing td's and 4 punt return td's as well.

It's really hard to say which one is really better. Maclin is the better route runner and has better hands but Jackson is by definition an Offensive Playmaker. They compliment each other very well. I know hindsight is always 20/20 but we passed on both of these WR's sadly enough. Maclin for Crabtree and Jackson twice.
Share 49ersWebzone