There are 429 users in the forums

Donovan Mcnabb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Either manusky had a hell of a gameplan, or mcnabb really has nothing left. Where are all the people who kept saying we should have got him last year? and were still saying we should have traded for him this year?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Either manusky had a hell of a gameplan, or mcnabb really has nothing left. Where are all the people who kept saying we should have got him last year? and were still saying we should have traded for him this year?
Banned due to non-existing knowledge. Got that discussion still in mind, that was a horror.
He threw for 39 yards
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
But he had a shortened off season.
Originally posted by susweel:
But he had a shortened off season.

But he is coming into another WCo, with an O.C or hc or someone that he was supposed to be familliar with.

I'm in shock at how fast he fell off, does that mean he was only as good as he was because of Andy Reid? or did he really just lose all his talent?
Originally posted by valrod33:
He threw for 39 yards

But it wasn't conservative, so it's all good
I guess age and injuries can do nasty things to people.

Imagine if the 49ers had traded for him last year. The deal would be high in the range of $10+ million/year - the Redskins gave him more. Talking about watching money disappear like magic. One has to have similar concern about Garrard with his hip/back problem. There must be a reason why he got beat by Luke McCown.
I like Mcnabb but passing for 39 yards is hilarious.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
But he is coming into another WCo, with an O.C or hc or someone that he was supposed to be familliar with.

I'm in shock at how fast he fell off, does that mean he was only as good as he was because of Andy Reid? or did he really just lose all his talent?
Of course there is a lot of system in there. But there is a lot of system in New England as well, however, Brady became a HOFer and Cassel showed his limits very fast.
Success acc to QBs seems to work both ways, i.e. from the system to the QB and the other way around.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for HailJerry.
Not sure what McNabb has left in the tank, but between the end of the 2008/09 NFC Championship Game and now, I've never seen an supposedly elite quarterback's skills deteriorate as quickly as his. Kurt Warner's mid-career slump comes to mind, but I can't think of another off the top of my head.

Originally posted by HailJerry:
Not sure what McNabb has left in the tank, but between the end of the 2008/09 NFC Championship Game and now, I've never seen an supposedly elite quarterback's skills deteriorate as quickly as his. Kurt Warner's mid-career slump comes to mind, but I can't think of another off the top of my head.

Bulger. he was near elite for a few years, then just disapeared.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
it was just the first game...I'd judge him over the full season in the same offense until saying otherwise. I do kind of feel like his time is coming soon though & the Vikings will go to Ponder before mid-season if enough of this happens
I can't believe some people wanted him
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I can't believe some people wanted him
Some??? Nearly the whole Zone wanted him. Fortunately we were not so stupid like the Skins.
Originally posted by Paul:
it was just the first game...I'd judge him over the full season in the same offense until saying otherwise. I do kind of feel like his time is coming soon though & the Vikings will go to Ponder before mid-season if enough of this happens

The Vikings have to be concerned as McNabb also struggled during the last season.

But in the worst case at least this time around the Vikings don't overpay McNabb like the Redskins did.
Share 49ersWebzone