There are 181 users in the forums

Official Superbowl Picks before game 1!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Packers vs. Jets
or
Bucs vs. Steelers
Packers v. Patriots.

Normally I wouldn't pick a team going back again, but man the Packers are good on paper.. they have Finley back and another year in the system... Scary.
Niners vs Ravens
Lions vs. Bengals

or

Jets vs Eagles
falcons vs steelers
The NFC will be one of two teams -- the Eagles or the Falcons. Eagles if they stay healthy, Falcons if not.

The AFC will be one of two teams -- The Ravens are one. And I know everyone's saying Patriots, Jets, Steelers, etc. -- but I'm going to go in a completely different direction and say, for the 2nd team, the Kansas City Chiefs. It might sound crazy, but I think they can do it. They've built up their offense and defense are filled with MONSTER talent on both sides of the ball. On paper, it is impressive.

Chiefs offense:
QB Cassel
RB Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones
FB Le'Ron McClain
WR Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Jonathan Baldwin, Dexter McCluster, and Jerheme Urban
OL Casey Weigmann, Branden Albert, Barry Richardson, Jon Asamoah, Rodney Hudson, Ryan Lilja, and Jared Gaither

Chiefs defense:
DE Allen Bailey, Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, Wallace Gilberry, Amon Gordon, and rookie Brandon Bair
NT Kelly Gregg, Jerrell Powe
LB Tamba Hali, Studebaker, Derrick Johnson, Jovan Belcher, Cameron Sheffield, Demorrio Williams and rookie Justin Houston
CB Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Javier Arenas, rookie Jalil Brown, and Travis Daniels
FS Kendrick Lewis
SS Eric Berry

KC is absolutely stacked. They have a smart HC. That team will win the division and might even earn a 1st-round bye.

To put in my guess.. I'll go with Ravens vs. Eagles.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 8, 2011 at 11:00 PM ]
Texans vs. Falcons
Chargers over Saints
Either a rematch of Super Bowl 31 (Pack vs. Pats) or 39 (Pats vs. Eagles)
Patriots over Bucs.

My backups are Steelers/ Packers.

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Packers v. Patriots.

Normally I wouldn't pick a team going back again, but man the Packers are good on paper.. they have Finley back and another year in the system... Scary.

Going with the same matchup

I don't see any competition that can be taken as a serious threat to the Pack in the NFC. I predict the Pats barely edging out the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. Ya dig?! No reason for you to watch the rest of the season!
Anyone who doesn't pick the Packers is just a hater. Rodgers is getting better with a stacked WR core that just got better with adding Cobbs and Finley is back as well. Starks/ Grant is a legit 2 back combo.

Defense , their seconday is stacked, LB is stacked, and any DL that has Naji in the middle is gonna wreck s**t.

They won the superbowl with a bunch of backups playing and still looked good.
Pack is good, they will get hit by the injury bug, and it will hit rodgers for 2-4 games this year.

superbowl picks...

Chargers
v
lions

Pats will be one and done in the playoffs. Steelers will lose to the chargers.. jets are the jets, they make a lot of noise but aren't for real.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM ]
Packers vs. Chargers.
Originally posted by Neener:
Packers vs. Chargers.

i agree with this
Share 49ersWebzone