LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Andrew Luck to the Colts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Luck will pull a Elway and not want to go to Indy. Not because Indy sucks but from everything I am hearing is that while Manning might be out for the year he should recover 100% from this injury. Manning just signed a what? A 5 year contract? Luck will not want to go there and sit as much as 4 years behind Manning.

Lets say hypothetically, that the Colts do end up with the #1 pick. I would say they would be the only team in the league (that are potential candidates to end up with #1 overall) that would trade that pick.

I would agree.

Depending on how our year turns out, that might not be a bad thing. With the new rookie wage scale trading up isn't as much of a financial risk as it use to be. You would still have to give up a s**t tonne (unless we are trying to trade from 2 or 3 to 1. If you try to go from say 10 on up you would probably have to give up your entire draft class.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I would agree.

Depending on how our year turns out, that might not be a bad thing. With the new rookie wage scale trading up isn't as much of a financial risk as it use to be. You would still have to give up a s**t tonne (unless we are trying to trade from 2 or 3 to 1. If you try to go from say 10 on up you would probably have to give up your entire draft class.

I keep saying they can draft smoeone else and be ok. I'm pretty sure if they drafted Moore for example, sitting behind manning he would be really good in that offense.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
How long is Manning really out? He''s what 35 or 36 years old and he may only have a realistic 3-4 yrs left if he recovers. I think the Colts would consider it depending on the situation next year, but think of how jealous all the league would be going from Manning to Luck
Originally posted by Paul:
How long is Manning really out? He''s what 35 or 36 years old and he may only have a realistic 3-4 yrs left if he recovers. I think the Colts would consider it depending on the situation next year, but think of how jealous all the league would be going from Manning to Luck

that would be horrible for Luck. he's NFL ready right now, sitting for 3 years would be awful
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that would be horrible for Luck. he's NFL ready right now, sitting for 3 years would be awful

Rodgers turned out ok.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Rodgers turned out ok.

I don't think Rodgers was "NFL ready" from day one.

and i don't think Luck would suffer if he sat for a couple of years.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Rodgers turned out ok.

I don't think Rodgers was "NFL ready" from day one.

and i don't think Luck would suffer if he sat for a couple of years.

if they get luck and he sits behind manning for 2 years he will be the greatest QB who ever lived
Originally posted by Paul:

Why do they care how jealous the league is? If they tank they will pick Luck. And it looks like they just may tank for the whole season.
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Considering it would keep that franchise relevant for another 20+ years... Colts fans would

Considering how much effect Brett Favre had on Aaron Rodgers, I could only imagine what someone like Manning would do for Luck

Farve hates Rodgers and did nothing for him......

Manning will help his hier
Share 49ersWebzone