LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Rams re-sign Mark Clayton.

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-rams-clayton

I really hope Rogers and Whitner help our secondary as much as I think they will. Hopefully an improved pass rush will help too.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

I really hope Rogers and Whitner help our secondary as much as I think they will. Hopefully an improved pass rush will help too.

Seriously? They have about nine receivers on their roster now. What exactly was the purpose of this signing. Several of their WR's that get cut should end up on other teams.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Seriously? They have about nine receivers on their roster now. What exactly was the purpose of this signing. Several of their WR's that get cut should end up on other teams.

Its all about surrounding a good young quarterback with the best talent you can. This pushes a less talented receiver out. Also every team in the division is rather weak in the secondary so capitalize on that. If you can improve even a strength, do it.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
and why did they need him back? Dude barely did anything last year
Originally posted by Paul:

Uh...cause he got hurt at the beginning of last season. He started off real strong too.

22 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns the first four games last season before he was put on IR.
On pace for 88 catches 1200 yards and 8 TD's. I'd like that production.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 31, 2011 at 10:06 PM ]

Its all about surrounding a good young quarterback with the best talent you can. This pushes a less talented receiver out. Also every team in the division is rather weak in the secondary so capitalize on that. If you can improve even a strength, do it.

Kind of reminds me what the Patriots do. Stack-up on DL, LB, and CB and let them battle. Best ones win, average ones get cut. It's how you end up with a GREAT team instead of a good one.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

22 passes for 300 yards and two touchdowns the first four games last season before he was put on IR.

No s**t. I had him on my fantasy team before he got hurt last year. He rocked.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Damn, good signing for them.

I was kinda wondering they were doing when they didn't initially bring him back.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by jrg:
Damn, good signing for them.

I was kinda wondering they were doing when they didn't initially bring him back.

They weren't sure if he was ready to play yet or not.

• Paul
  • Veteran

did not know that...
did not know that...

Because now they can choose between all of these receivers and ensure that they have one of the strongest receiving corps in the league. With Bradford throwing the ball to these guys the Rams will be dangerous!!
Originally posted by backontop:

Because now they can choose between all of these receivers and ensure that they have one of the strongest receiving corps in the league. With Bradford throwing the ball to these guys the Rams will be dangerous!!

It doesn't matter how good their 7th best receiver is, bc he won't make the team. None of their receivers scare me.
Share 49ersWebzone