LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Why did we ever Trade SHAUN HILL? Never Understood it!

Shop 49ers game tickets
1. A McClueless move
2. Singletary Move as well.

And 3. He isn't amazing, he would be the starter, but not by much.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Shaun Hill would've been better than any back up on this team and probably even Alex Smith too in this offense.

Hill was traded because our joke of a front office didn't want Alex worrying about losing the starting job.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Hill was traded because our joke of a front office didn't want Alex worrying about losing the starting job.

Yep, same reason why we traded Rattay. But just look what he did with the Lions last year (2,600 yds with 16 tds and 12 picks rating of 81). I miss him
Originally posted by Paul:

Yep, same reason why we traded Rattay. But just look what he did with the Lions last year (2,600 yds with 16 tds and 12 picks rating of 81). I miss him

He had a 3 - 8 record last year with the lions.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Hmm I was told W/L's don't count when talking about the QB, or does that only apply to Alex Smith??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by aTx49er:

Hmm I was told W/L's don't count when talking about the QB, or does that only apply to Alex Smith??

Hmm, I was told W/L's were all that mattered. Especially with a QB like Hill. That was his big selling point with his supporters.
maybe b/c he sucks ass
Unsurprisingly, this just turned into another Smith bashing thread.

With a question like the one posed above, it is ignorant to believe that there is only one sole reason why Hill was traded. I didn't agree with the Hill trade because I thought he was a solid backup QB. In fact, he'd be the ideal backup QB even for the situation that we're in today.

I don't agree with most of the anti-Smith crowd in here who say that the FO traded him only because they didn't want competition for Smith. Do you guys really believe that? If it's one thing that Singletary stressed, it was competition. Also, as you saw, Singletary had no qualms about benching an under-performing player. Do you remember that he benched Smith himself? That in itself should indicate to you that Singletary didn't care about Smith's "feelings." Smith was on a short leash regardless of whether Hill was behind him.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:15 AM ]
who did the niners get for the pick they got for hill? was it phillip adams?
Share 49ersWebzone