LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Vick, Eagles agree to 6 year 100 mil deal

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Waste of money. Vick is not going to be what he was last year. The Eagles are going to be screwed for cap. No way they can give DeSean what he wants. Come on over to the Niners DeSean...we got plenty of coin for you.

but no qb
Looks like Andy Reid sees Steve Young in him.

no dogs.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Philly almost always makes the right choice in these matters, but I think this is just premature. Vick's entire career has consisted of mediocre play sandwiched between breath taking streaks of him "finally getting it" before defenses adjust and he goes back to inconsistent. Maybe he finally does get it, I wouldn't bet 42 MIL (which is the actual money) on it. I would have at least wanted to see the first 6 games to see if last year was a fluke and if he can stay healthy.
If I am DeSean Jackson, I am wondering why they rushed to pay a guy who already had at least a million on his contract when Jack is only getting $550K. I would be pissed.
I'm happy for the guy. I hope he can tell PETA to go jump off a cliff....LOL....I"M RICH b***h!!!!

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
If I am DeSean Jackson, I am wondering why they rushed to pay a guy who already had at least a million on his contract when Jack is only getting $550K. I would be pissed.

QB vs WR...again.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

QB vs WR...again.

no, taking care of your players.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
dayum! How are the eagles going to afford these ridiculous contracts? Nnamdi and Vick alone are taking huge cap money for them, right?

This contract actually gives them an extra 1.5 million for the cap this year. He was due to make 18 million b/c he was franchised. So now he's at about 16.6 million a year. The eagles front office is elite. they know what they are doing.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think he should donate some of that money to homeless dogs around the world. He still hasn't repaid his debt to the dog society.

Originally posted by susweel:
That will buy a lot dogs.

for you to kick
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
That will buy a lot dogs.

for you to kick

and eat.

Im Asian btw
I think he should donate some of that money to homeless dogs around the world. He still hasn't repaid his debt to the dog society.

Michael's been a class act since getting a prison. I'm glad he's succeeding.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Congrats to Vick - great comeback story. He did the best he could with his 2nd chance and then some.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
sure, dog killer(thats his new name to me) gets 100M.

IMO Vick is one of the most overhyped and overrated QBs and players ever.

i had him on my fantasy team last year and ill tell u he was definitely a beast for me and made crazy things happen all year long until they broke down in the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone