There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Blame Singletary. Without him we might still have a different player with that pick still on the team.

Wouldn't have mattered. Baalke wanted Claussen. It was a choice between a s**t sammich and a turd taco.

Hard to believe we couldn't even get a 2012 pick though. Once again our front office proves that they are super geniuses who just pwn the rest of the NFL.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by crabman82:
u guys are such babies, i didnt hear the cry fest when balmer went for a 6th or whatever. would u rather have nothing after mays would get cut next week? or were u delusional enough to think we were gonna get anymore for him?

I think his muscles alone are worth at least a 5th rounder

but when u include his brain and instincts it goes down to a 7th rounder, i dont get the big deal here, once it was announced as an undisclosed draft pick, it was gonna be either a 6th at best but probably a 7th
If this is true, I seriously would have rather just released him base on principle. That kind of comp is like a slap in the face embarrassment. The least they could do is cut the dude and let him decide where he wants to be.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
If this is true, I seriously would have rather just released him base on principle. That kind of comp is like a slap in the face embarrassment. The least they could do is cut the dude and let him decide where he wants to be.

he'll have that chance when hes cut next week, cincy aint tied to him after only investing a 7th
Well, there's one less player on our team from the DingleBerry era.
Id rather have a roster spot for Dobbs anyways
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Blame Singletary. Without him we might still have a different player with that pick still on the team.


Wouldn't have mattered. Baalke wanted Claussen. It was a choice between a s**t sammich and a turd taco.



Hard to believe we couldn't even get a 2012 pick though. Once again our front office proves that they are super geniuses who just pwn the rest of the NFL.

well Clausen was already picked before us
Baalke wanted Nate Allen
Originally posted by Howlett:
If they got 7th for Mays what did the Bears offer? Nothing?

They must have offered a supplemental draft pick
Originally posted by gtowns:
Originally posted by Howlett:
If they got 7th for Mays what did the Bears offer? Nothing?

They must have offered a supplemental draft pick

they offered a chance ot re-acquire anthony adams
a 2013 pick??? seriously??
Wow 7th rounder . . . . why dont we all just piss in the wind then bend over and assume the position.
To trade a 2nd round pick one year later for a 2013 7th rounder is insane, if Mays had re entered the draft this year he would have gone in probly the 4th or 5th round just for his speed and hard hitting on special teams.... WTF is going on in that front office ... plus dropping the ball on bringing in a decent QB option.
Very close to absolutely nothing. He was going to be cut guys, you can't get much for a player that the league knows is going to be cut.