LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Kyle Williams agrees to six year extension.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Gotcha!

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/08/report-williams-agrees-to-new-deal.html
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The next Jerry Rice.
OTB
I thought this was about our Kyle Williams

very smart move by Buffalo.

This Williams kid is a beast at DT.

39M over 6yrs is a nice payday for him. 28 yrs old.

Anyone think Justin Smith, regarded as a top DL, even tho he gets no respect on ESPN and NFLN shows, should get a new deal?

I mean 30 yrs and he still has a bunch of yrs left in him. He is only 2yr older.

Maybe a new 5yr deal thru 2015?

Similar deal, maybe around 7M a yr?
i was like nice, he is going to make the team.. then i cried.
Originally posted by susweel:
The next Jerry Rice.

i didnt know Jerry Rice was a DT?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Anyone think Justin Smith, regarded as a top DL, even tho he gets no respect on ESPN and NFLN shows, should get a new deal?

I mean 30 yrs and he still has a bunch of yrs left in him. He is only 2yr older.

No. I love the guy, but just because another guy gets a pay deal, does everyone else have to renegotiate?

Frank Gore Syndrome: I am being paid s**tloads of money, more than most people will see in their lives. But because someone else is now getting even more, I am now unhappy and am being unfairly treated.
I clicked this thread and ended up like Alonzo

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
The next Jerry Rice.

i didnt know Jerry Rice was a DT?

You didn't get the joke lol
I thought he was competing for a roster spot?
I get it.....he pulled a fast one.....

I'd give it to Justin Smith. He was our best defensive player last year, and that includes Patrick Willis.
Originally posted by English:

No. I love the guy, but just because another guy gets a pay deal, does everyone else have to renegotiate?

Frank Gore Syndrome: I am being paid s**tloads of money, more than most people will see in their lives. But because someone else is now getting even more, I am now unhappy and am being unfairly treated.

The point is to lock him up to a longer deal so there's no chance of losing him. Nobody said Justin Smith is or would be demanding anything. They should just approach him about an extension so they don't have to do it later.
Share 49ersWebzone