Vick: NFL Convinced me to play for Eagles

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by valrod33:
SI_PeterKing Peter King
If I'm Ralph Wilson or Mike Brown, I'm on the phone w/the commish about Vick's claim that the league steered him to Philly. And I'm ticked.

Brown deserves not getting Vick after how stubborn he's been in not trading Palmer. He could've swallowed his pride and at the same time helped his team get one or two draft picks in a trade, but nooo...so Palmer retired. Now, he's stuck with whomever is left on their roster and the Bengals will continue to suck...karma! Of course, there's the off chance that Dalton gets good really fast or Gradkowski fills in nicely in the meantime.

As for the Bills, they should call the commish and make a complaint. I didn't know the NFL hired a commissioner who also has roles of a scout and agent.

This!

Browns are not the bengals lol
I see the arguments on both sides, but I dunno.. It's not such a big deal lending someone a piece of advice.

I could understand why Bills fans would be upset though. Vick probably would've made them a playoff team.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I see the arguments on both sides, but I dunno.. It's not such a big deal lending someone a piece of advice.

I could understand why Bills fans would be upset though. Vick probably would've made them a playoff team.

Imagine if it were Jim Harbaugh that gave Vick the advice.
at least he didn't say the league advised him to go to philly over sf....i would have flipped out if that happened. man just to think if we would have signed vick we would be sb contenders right now
Vick: "The commissioner never told me to sign or not sign with particular teams. I want to make it clear this is a decision I made.
Originally posted by matt49er:
at least he didn't say the league advised him to go to philly over sf....i would have flipped out if that happened. man just to think if we would have signed vick we would be sb contenders right now

We'd probably have won just enough games for Sing to keep his job
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I was screaming for the niners to get Vick but no everybody was worried a couple of stinky dogs. Look at him now and look at the situation we are in.
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
SI_PeterKing Peter King
If I'm Ralph Wilson or Mike Brown, I'm on the phone w/the commish about Vick's claim that the league steered him to Philly. And I'm ticked.

Brown deserves not getting Vick after how stubborn he's been in not trading Palmer. He could've swallowed his pride and at the same time helped his team get one or two draft picks in a trade, but nooo...so Palmer retired. Now, he's stuck with whomever is left on their roster and the Bengals will continue to suck...karma! Of course, there's the off chance that Dalton gets good really fast or Gradkowski fills in nicely in the meantime.

As for the Bills, they should call the commish and make a complaint. I didn't know the NFL hired a commissioner who also has roles of a scout and agent.

This!

Browns are not the bengals lol

Who's talking about the Browns? lol... I think the Bengals having an owner named Mike Brown is confusing you.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I was screaming for the niners to get Vick but no everybody was worried a couple of stinky dogs. Look at him now and look at the situation we are in.

There is no guarantee Vick would be playing at the same level he did last year had he signed with us.
Vick: "The commissioner never told me to sign or not sign with particular teams. I want to make it clear this is a decision I made.

Well then why did he say the opposite in the magazine interview and then go on to thank goodell for it?

I thank myself for good decisions that I make on my own. Is Goodell the new Based God or something where you just thank him for random ish?
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM ]

tampering charges against the league should be filed by the fans, the result should be lower ticket prices for the next 5 years.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Well then why did he say the opposite in the magazine interview and then go on to thank goodell for it?

I thank myself for good decisions that I make on my own. Is Goodell the new Based God or something where you just thank him for random ish?

His words could have been taken out of context in the interview....
Originally posted by KRS-1:
His words could have been taken out of context in the interview....

Or he could be a football player and not a public speaker and just worded it the wrong way.

I fail to see why this a big deal, in the end the decision was all Vick's

Sure.

Him and his PR team probably got lit up by Goodell right after the article was published and went mainstream.
Share 49ersWebzone