There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Sunday ticket coming to your PS3!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
there is no reason for DTV to do that. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Right now, the ST is the only exclusive service they offer. I'm surprised they're even going through with making it available on the PS3. If they dropped the price on it for the PS3, they'd lose a ton of subscribers. I'm pretty sure they'll lose some from this alone.

Well I was about to edit my post, but I meant to drop it as like a special "offer" to get the ps3 version up and running.

Like a short term 1-3 day discount.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
there is no reason for DTV to do that. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Right now, the ST is the only exclusive service they offer. I'm surprised they're even going through with making it available on the PS3. If they dropped the price on it for the PS3, they'd lose a ton of subscribers. I'm pretty sure they'll lose some from this alone.

Well I was about to edit my post, but I meant to drop it as like a special "offer" to get the ps3 version up and running.

Like a short term 1-3 day discount.

yea that would be sweet.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
350$ ? OUT..

They could at least make it attractive like 150 or something.
$350? :(

there is no reason for DTV to do that. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot. Right now, the ST is the only exclusive service they offer. I'm surprised they're even going through with making it available on the PS3. If they dropped the price on it for the PS3, they'd lose a ton of subscribers. I'm pretty sure they'll lose some from this alone.

Yeah, if DTV didn't have ST, they probably wouldn't be in business.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yeah, if DTV didn't have ST, they probably wouldn't be in business.

why?

I dont get it.

Dish, Time Warner and Comcast all dont have it and are in business.

So I dont get it or buy that
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I guess cause I have DirecTV and the Ticket, it would be useless.

Its all fine, but I dont trust or believe on reliable internet connections for streaming HD content.

I have the ticket, and to go app, which is fine when Im out with my dad at his house. But I wouldn't rely on Internet only, but thats me.

It is a nice addition, and people will get it, but I still think DirecTV is by far the best provider in the country. It has best Quality, Picture and reliability. Never goes out for me.

Cable and Dish cant come close IMO.

forsureee. all it takes is not being able to hard wire your ethernet and a clouded wireless signal and bam, your game is moving in 'stop frame animation' lol.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yeah, if DTV didn't have ST, they probably wouldn't be in business.

why?

I dont get it.

Dish, Time Warner and Comcast all dont have it and are in business.

So I dont get it or buy that

internet, VOD, local channels

from my understanding, DTV has issues with those. No?
IMO the ST is price gauging at its best. I told them they could have it this year. I am not paying $300 + to watch every Niner game. I will stream it or go to sports bar. As much as everything in cost of living going up im surprised to see how many people can afford it. Well there will be a couple of National Games we have and I am also going to the Skins Vs. Niners so it wont be too bad.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
IMO the ST is price gauging at its best. I told them they could have it this year. I am not paying $300 + to watch every Niner game. I will stream it or go to sports bar. As much as everything in cost of living going up im surprised to see how many people can afford it. Well there will be a couple of National Games we have and I am also going to the Skins Vs. Niners so it wont be too bad.

yea, i'm really thinking about not getting it this year. I already have access to the To-Go feature and have the setup to push the video/audio from my laptop to my tv. So this would definitely be a luxury. Especially when considering that we're gonna blow this year, again. But if we win our first few games, I'll probably end up buying it.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yeah, if DTV didn't have ST, they probably wouldn't be in business.

why?

I dont get it.

Dish, Time Warner and Comcast all dont have it and are in business.

So I dont get it or buy that

internet, VOD, local channels

from my understanding, DTV has issues with those. No?

No, DTV has VOD and Local Channels.

Thats more of a cop out. It doesnt matter who would have the ticket, everyone would then say "they wouldnt be in business if they didnt have it"

TWC, Comcast and Dish all have issues as well. Ive had 3 of the 4.

Yes DirecTV is the best, they have a way better lineup then Dish, dish keeps dropping RSNs and yet keeps customers.

TWC has better internet, but their TV technology is terrible. To me TWC is more for older people.

The whole miths about losing signal is BS, You lose it as much as Cable does. And the mith of DirecTV would be out of business Is also BS.

Im not trying to bash or anything, but those are a bunch of cop ous and not valid IMO.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
IMO the ST is price gauging at its best. I told them they could have it this year. I am not paying $300 + to watch every Niner game. I will stream it or go to sports bar. As much as everything in cost of living going up im surprised to see how many people can afford it. Well there will be a couple of National Games we have and I am also going to the Skins Vs. Niners so it wont be too bad.

I agree with the prices, I think its set by the NFL, but they can and will lower it for customers who call in, i know it sounds like bs, but they cant keep track of millions of subs in order to give discounts.

I dont think it is the matter of not being able to afford, more so the people who just get it.

I am on SSI, I cant really afford a big chunk up front, so I break it down into 6 months, easier for me.

I would rather spend the full price, then risk not seeing them each week. No matter what they say, the streams are NOT 100% Reliable.
i wouldn't say DTV would be out of business without the ST, but it definitely has a huge impact on their subscriber count. Hell, I've gotten their service a couple years because of the ST alone. I didn't even turn on the boxes except for sundays.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Aug 18, 2011 at 3:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i wouldn't say DTV would be out of business without the ST, but it definitely has a huge impact on their subscriber count. Hell, I've gotten their service a couple years because of the ST alone. I didn't even turn on the boxes except for sundays.

i agree, but same can be said with the others
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yeah, if DTV didn't have ST, they probably wouldn't be in business.

why?

I dont get it.

Dish, Time Warner and Comcast all dont have it and are in business.

So I dont get it or buy that

Because of the technology - all the other non-satellite companies that provide identical tv products also provide low cost/high profit services that DTV can't. Except for Dish, who goes after low-end subscribers (which DTV doesn't have to, since they have ST) and is losing hundreds of thousands of customers every year.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Yeah, if DTV didn't have ST, they probably wouldn't be in business.

why?

I dont get it.

Dish, Time Warner and Comcast all dont have it and are in business.

So I dont get it or buy that

Because of the technology - all the other non-satellite companies that provide identical tv products also provide low cost/high profit services that DTV can't. Except for Dish, who goes after low-end subscribers (which DTV doesn't have to, since they have ST) and is losing hundreds of thousands of customers every year.

DTV is cheaper than Time Warner.

Lower base packages
Lower DVR service(12.95 a month per DVR Box with TWC)
Lower Receiver Fee
No Controller fee

Again, Its not valid. Cable and Satellite are the same. While u dont have a dish with cable, they get their signals from.... A satellite dish.

And technology is not always better with cable. Its all a mith on the outages.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I guess cause I have DirecTV and the Ticket, it would be useless. Its all fine, but I dont trust or believe on reliable internet connections for streaming HD content. I have the ticket, and to go app, which is fine when Im out with my dad at his house. But I wouldn't rely on Internet only, but thats me. It is a nice addition, and people will get it, but I still think DirecTV is by far the best provider in the country. It has best Quality, Picture and reliability. Never goes out for me. Cable and Dish cant come close IMO.

I have the MLB.tv app for PS3 and I never problems with quality. Always HD.