LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Terrell Owens gets called the N-Word.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
this kind of thinking annoys me the most. There is nothing more racist than a person stating that you have to be a certain race to use a certain slang. Being Hood is more about your natural disposition and environment than it is your skin color

This, its all based on your environment.

You can be eminem from detroit.
Or pitbull from whatever, but taht was their environment. They didn't come from calgary, they came from some urban area (most likely)
well the n word is vicious hate inciting terminology when used in the proper context. when u say it to b hateful and to belittle then there will be backlash oftentimes. now when u say it as a term of endearment amongst friends or associates as ignorant as this sounds, some take it in stride. kind of like good friends telling the other "man sit yo big a*s down." if u know each other, that is permissible but if u don't, then something might pop off. it is still hard to argue an acceptable use of the word when given the history in this country but that is how it is from what I have experienced. But in this instance, I don't care if the guy called me a b*tch a*s (whatever---fill in the blank), i would have had to get some sh&t on my toe because that was uncalled for. One man yelling in the face of another man about b%tch sh&t is grounds for an A whooping.
Sad.

But this thread provided some good comedy.
Originally posted by boast:
that fan..
was a hero to jrg
but he never meant s**t to me
you see
straight up racist that sucker was
simple and plain
motherf*ck him and John Wayne

Cause I'm black and I'm pround
I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heros don't appear on no stamp

Ah...s**t.....
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
All I gotta say is this:

Thanks for waisting 2 minutes and 40 seconds of my life.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Thanks for waisting 2 minutes and 40 seconds of my life.

didn't listen, lol.
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:
Answer is yes we are african american and spanish so guess your no lnger annoyed my little friend.

You guys are African and Spanish. Not African American... Consequently, you shouldn't be using that word homie.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Answer is yes we are african american and spanish so guess your no lnger annoyed my little friend.

You guys are African and Spanish. Not African American... Consequently, you shouldn't be using that word homie.

eh, The Americas' can often include the Caribbean....and if the concept is you have to have some ancestral root to Black slaves who endured the label n-er to be able to use the modern term n-a, then all the blacks in the Western hemisphere should qualify. You do realize that Blacks were brought to the Carribean by their Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, French masters just as mainland American blacks had English masters

eh, The Americas' can often include the Caribbean....and if the concept is you have to have some ancestral root to Black slaves who endured the label n-er to be able to use the modern term n-a, then all the blacks in the Western hemisphere should qualify. You do realize that Blacks were brought to the Carribean by their Spanish, Portugese, Dutch, French masters just as mainland American blacks had English masters

Yeah! We didn't land on Plymoth Rock, Plymoth Rock landed on us!!!
Pause the clip at 1.34 and we see if from a different angle.

Originally posted by valrod33:

photo of the guy
not again jrg!

African Americans are black people in America. When people use that reference, that's what they mean unless they are high and mighty like you...

The concept is that African Americans use the word as their own for various reasons which we don't want to get into. And if you aren't African American you shouldn't use that word.

Also, all of the slaves that reached the Western Hemisphere came from Africa at one point... now I dont know what we are talking about. Calm down my ninja.
meh

it was the ga version

Not the Kramer version.

That guy wanted a free shot lawsuit. That's all he was asking for. T.O. ,just like Tyson getting harassed just because they can't fight back.

African Americans are black people in America. When people use that reference, that's what they mean unless they are high and mighty like you...

The concept is that African Americans use the word as their own for various reasons which we don't want to get into. And if you aren't African American you shouldn't use that word.

Also, all of the slaves that reached the Western Hemisphere came from Africa at one point... now I dont know what we are talking about. Calm down my ninja.

We are talking about Semantics.

You keep saying in America, but that is pretty vague. Do you mean United States of America only? Can a Canadian black use the term because they are in N.America? What about blacks in S.America? Lastly what about the Carribean islands too?

I have heard the term The America's which includes both Continents and the surrounding Islands.

My contention is it is a reach to say a Puerto Rican black is not an African American, especially when one self identified that way
We are talking about Semantics.

You keep saying in America, but that is pretty vague. Do you mean United States of America only? Can a Canadian black use the term because they are in N.America? What about blacks in S.America? Lastly what about the Carribean islands too?

I have heard the term The America's which includes both Continents and the surrounding Islands.

My contention is it is a reach to say a Puerto Rican black is not an African American, especially when one self identified that way

Come on bro... you should know that an African American is from the US. I don't know if it's "geographically" perfect but it's culturally accepted unless someone is trying to be a smart a55. Also, the n***a word is rooted here in America. That's where it was created. I'm not sure what the rule book is on who can use it, but it's widely accepted that word is mostly used by black people here.

Lets please end this discussion.
Share 49ersWebzone