There are 297 users in the forums

Ian Williams' journey to the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dorsey is gonna start playing like he did at LSU.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
For?

The 20 billion chopblocks SF has thrown in the last 30 years...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
For?

haha.. we did write the book on chopblocks and leg whips
Originally posted by Dshearn:
For?

Every team has.
Sucks for Ian and for us. Man i hope this doesnt mean Tukuafu is coming back.
We will be drafting a NT this year
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
WOOOWW, who can they sign? Where the Eff is that Carradine waste of a pick dude at??

He doesn't even play NT dude.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
WOOOWW, who can they sign? Where the Eff is that Carradine waste of a pick dude at??

He doesn't even play NT dude.

This, Carradine barely is a 3-4 DE, he needs to bulk up to be a beast like Justin. Some thought(including me) that Tank was a 3-4 OLB, I was wrong when I learned he gained weight.

This hurts. My guess is that we activate Michael Purcell from the practice squad. Or try our luck with someone on the street. Not sure who is available. Maybe Seymour, not sure he fits the NT spot, but we dont use an ordinary NT.
A cheap shot and now we must adjust. Let's go niners!
Originally posted by jreff22:
We will be drafting a NT this year

Dont think so. We dont use a NT as much as a 3-4 team does. So no way we draft a high NT. If we were gonna, we would of went in 2012 with Alameda Ta'amu. Or Brandon Williams in 2013 from Missouri Southern. Went to Baltimore in rd 3.

Second year in a row that playing in Seattle knocked VD out of a game and also cost a player their season with a chop block.

Can the niners just stop going there?
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
WTF? I thought an ankle break wasn't season ending.

It's likely not. This yahoo writer could be jumping the gun.
Originally posted by SFrush:

That's what I'm thinking. Where are they getting this information from? I'm hoping it's the 6-8 weeks worse case scenario people are thinking.
Originally posted by SFrush:

For a 300lb NT maybe for obvious reasons. Either way, this might be career altering for him because he was just getting onto the field. Sweazey is sleazy
Well the reason it is season ending is because we used IR-designated to return spot (only 1) for Moody so if we didn't IR him he's have to be inactive every week and take up a roster spot until healthy. Correct me if I am wrong can't put players on PUP anymore. As for the shot it's legal in the NFL now but seems like those types of blocks should be looked at and taken out of the game. It will hurt the run game but to me it's just as dangerous and any helmet to helmet thing. Guys don't see someone then they go low and its a blown out knee or broken ankle in this case. Good thing we have Dorsey and we don't use our NT every play. Also, we have a really big lack of depth now with only Dobbs and TJE as backups. Basically Dobbs because TJE isnt likely good enough to be active really. Wish we had Carradine (or Dial) or Culliver or Crabtree or Manningham for that matter. Yeah injuries did us in the last 2 years and so far have taken a big toll on us already.
Share 49ersWebzone