LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Jake Locker Looking Pretty Good

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
My favorite QBs were, in order: Locker, Kaepernick, Mallett.

It's way to early to make any calls on any of them yet, but so far the biggest question mark there is Kaepernick...

My fav qbs were ponder, mallet dalton.

So far only mallet looks good from my list. Kap, looks like where he was drafted, 2nd round.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
My favorite QBs were, in order: Locker, Kaepernick, Mallett.

It's way to early to make any calls on any of them yet, but so far the biggest question mark there is Kaepernick...

They're all question marks, a lot of sorry Qbs play well in the preseason.
didnt catch any other QB's playing but did anyone notice if they were playing against teams that Blitzed the $hit out of them 80% of the time?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Mallet is beginning to look like a robbery @ 3rd rd!
Originally posted by titan:
Mallet is beginning to look like a robbery @ 3rd rd!

Both Hoyer and Mallet looked pretty good.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by drake49er:
Both Hoyer and Mallet looked pretty good.

Now they have 3 good QB's! we are looking for just 1.
Originally posted by titan:
Now they have 3 good QB's! we are looking for just 1.

We will end up trading and get raped, and set back another 7 years.
I've been on the bandwagon for Locker to start, but don't think it's going to happen. For a rookie QB though, he'd be in an almost perfect situation to start from day 1. He has a very good offensive line iin front of him, and a FB that is great at blitz pick ups. Locker has great mobility to help avoid the rush and the big hits that tend to make rookie QB's gun shy. They also have a very strong running game to take the pressure off. I say let the kid get in there and let him start getting experience to build for the future - instead of wasting the reps on Hassleback.
''Damn. Dorsey is looking AWESOME in preseason!''

-Me in 2005
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I've been on the bandwagon for Locker to start, but don't think it's going to happen. For a rookie QB though, he'd be in an almost perfect situation to start from day 1. He has a very good offensive line iin front of him, and a FB that is great at blitz pick ups. Locker has great mobility to help avoid the rush and the big hits that tend to make rookie QB's gun shy. They also have a very strong running game to take the pressure off. I say let the kid get in there and let him start getting experience to build for the future - instead of wasting the reps on Hassleback.

Rookie should watch and learn, and then take over the show next season. Then hasselbeck will come here, because we will still be without a real qb.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
''Damn. Dorsey is looking AWESOME in preseason!''

-Me in 2005

Classic
Does anyone have a link to a trainin camp/locker report? Anything but bleacherreport please.

No, let's do it more general: Is there an overview out there, which talks about the progression of this year's QB-rookies?
Share 49ersWebzone