LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Jake Locker Looking Pretty Good

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anyone else watching Locker play?

The kid looks poised and he just threw a 45 yard TD. Right now he is 7/8 with 89 yards passing.

It will be interesting to see how guys like Gabbert, Locker, etc. etc., turn out since the Niners passed over a lot of these guys in the draft.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Aug 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM ]
We should of drafted him
preseason
How's Ponder lookin?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
How's Ponder lookin?

He hasn't played yet.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
preseason

It may be preseason, but he has looked poised, not shaken by pressure and very accurate. Things people were concerned about when drafting him.
Meh I'd rather have Aldon Smith better ..
Didn't hear s**t about Ponder... Did he even play?
The guy always looked good. He had garbage around him in college. It was ALL HIM. That college team would have been 0 - 12 without him. No O Line, no WR's, no D backing him up. He was playing with absolute garbage. I always thought if you put him on an NFL team surrounded by real NFL talent he could do good.
I've always liked Locker out of those first round QB's. Today he looked poised and threw missiles to his targets, but we're going to have to wait it out of course. After Colt Brennan lit it up in preseason a few years back....

And I'm pretty sure I saw Ponder's stats after the game's highlights were shown on Sportscenter earlier

Originally posted by YungAce:
I've always liked Locker out of those first round QB's. Today he looked poised and threw missiles to his targets, but we're going to have to wait it out of course. After Colt Brennan lit it up in preseason a few years back....

And I'm pretty sure I saw Ponder's stats after the game's highlights were shown on Sportscenter earlier

He actually looked pretty phenemenal on some plays. Absolute rockets to his WR's and accurate. I thought he could do that BTW. And always said so. He was surrounded by a very sub par team in college and thus was difficult to evaluate. With real talent around him in the NFL I always believed he could be good.
Just looked up Ponders stats.

8/13 84 yards 0 TD's
How would he have looked behind our O line?
Originally posted by English:
How would he have looked behind our O line?

Not good.
cam newton looked goood
Share 49ersWebzone