There are 213 users in the forums

NFL has totally ruined kick offs

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't like this rule but the way our return/cover teams have been its not gonna hurt us at all. I've seen far to many of the other teams drives start on their 30 - 40 yd lines. Also, our return games been ass for years, so its not like we're losing much there. To a good return man though, this probably feels like the nfl is taking their lunch.
Originally posted by thojess:
I don't like this rule but the way our return/cover teams have been its not gonna hurt us at all. I've seen far to many of the other teams drives start on their 30 - 40 yd lines. Also, our return games been ass for years, so its not like we're losing much there. To a good return man though, this probably feels like the nfl is taking their lunch.

agreed. if anything, this helps our team. Plus, we still got punt returns.
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
After two weeks, 163 of 329 kickoffs went for touchbacks. Only 48.3 percent of kickoffs are being returned. That compares to 75.2 last year.
Originally posted by valrod33:
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
After two weeks, 163 of 329 kickoffs went for touchbacks. Only 48.3 percent of kickoffs are being returned. That compares to 75.2 last year.

I blame HGH. If those damn kickers would stay off that stuff they wouldn't be able to kick the ball so far. Thank god the league is taking steps to curtail the use of the stuff.
Originally posted by susweel:
So far in two games I have yet to see a kick return. Special teams players have now become much less important.

then you must not have watched the Seattle game
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
So far in two games I have yet to see a kick return. Special teams players have now become much less important.

check the thread date, I cant look into the future

check the thread date, I cant look into the future

my bad sus
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
my bad sus

Its all good meng
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
After three weeks, touchbacks are at 51.9 percent. Kickoff drive starts are at 21.8, about a 6 yard difference from last year.
Originally posted by valrod33:
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
After three weeks, touchbacks are at 51.9 percent. Kickoff drive starts are at 21.8, about a 6 yard difference from last year.

yeah, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Matter of fact, may make it more serious on getting a real returner for a lot of teams. Most teams with a legit one seem willing to let him take it out for the shot of gaining real field position. Most seem to at least get it to the 20 anyways. Nothing hurt.

But some kickers are just blasting that junk through the end zone which is an advantage for big kicker teams, like us.

Share 49ersWebzone