LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Tavaris Jackson looks like doo doo (re Seahawks, Week 1)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by firehouse538:
tavaris has been in this system his entire career.

But, its different players, so he needs to build chemistry with his receivers.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Ryan Mallet is tearing it up. That kid has pure talent.
is preseason bu they look pretty bad! they are changing the offense also so maybe the team hasn't learned very well! tavaris just sucks he should be rocking in this game since he knows the offense but the oline looks bad also... I hope Alex look solid tomorrow!
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
WZ is amazing. Here is a guy who is learning a new system and has limited weapons, yet hes doo doo. No pass for Tavaris.

Funny how that works with some people but not others.

Sidney Rice, 2 good Tight Ends, a bunch of decent other WRs is limited talent? His line blows but his recievers are decent and his TEs are decent and his RBs are decent. No real great talent but its not bad either. His line is horrendous though. Plus he's been in the same system his whole career. Not to mention the fact that whether he's a decent player or not, he's not playing very well right now(partially because he's bad but partially because that's a pretty s**tty team).
Whitehurst looks like a stud this game though.

I want my gray background back! This white look to the board is not nearly as welcoming.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Aug 11, 2011 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by obx49:
Ryan Mallet is tearing it up. That kid has pure talent.

Nothing against Kap but mallet is who I wanted. :(

Jason Hill has the most receptions/targets for the Jags btw......
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I think GMs, scouts, and coaches just over analyzed Mallet when they should have just saw the raw talent he has.
Couple notes: The Chargers starting defense makes everyone look bad. They were ranked #1 in the NFL last year. And,they made our team look like fools late in the year.

Second, it is preseason, and the first game of preseason. I wouldn't read anything into this week. The most important thing for a team is to escape injury free.

Third, did someone say Nate Davis...I mean, Ryan Mallett is lighting it up. Rookies or vets shining against guys who will be lifting wood at Home Depot in four weeks is not impressive. We've already been down this road many, many times. Mallett is going to be a bust/non-factor in the NFL.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Mallet wouldnt fit in the WCO
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Couple notes: The Chargers starting defense makes everyone look bad. They were ranked #1 in the NFL last year. And,they made our team look like fools late in the year.

Second, it is preseason, and the first game of preseason. I wouldn't read anything into this week. The most important thing for a team is to escape injury free.

Third, did someone say Nate Davis...I mean, Ryan Mallett is lighting it up. Rookies or vets shining against guys who will be lifting wood at Home Depot in four weeks is not impressive. We've already been down this road many, many times. Mallett is going to be a bust/non-factor in the NFL.

They definitely usually make us look outclassed in the preseason.

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

What do you base your analysis of Mallet being a bust on? The kid has pin point accuracy, tight spirals and poise in the pocket from what I've seen today. Yea, he'll ride the bench for a while and eventually will get traded in a couple of years. So to say he's a bust because you said so is just an unfair assessment.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
love the title

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
love the title

WZ is amazing. Here is a guy who is learning a new system and has limited weapons, yet hes doo doo. No pass for Tavaris.

Not giving a pass at all! I think he played perfectly for the "best team in the west." Hope he keeps up the good work!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Sidney Rice, 2 good Tight Ends, a bunch of decent other WRs is limited talent? His line blows but his recievers are decent and his TEs are decent and his RBs are decent. No real great talent but its not bad either. His line is horrendous though. Plus he's been in the same system his whole career. Not to mention the fact that whether he's a decent player or not, he's not playing very well right now(partially because he's bad but partially because that's a pretty s**tty team).

Sidney Rice and Mike Williams didn't suit up
Share 49ersWebzone