There are 215 users in the forums

Who is favored to win the West

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who is favored to win the West

Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
meh, i think jackson has some potential, but he's done nothing so far to prove that he can better those stats by Hasselbeck. And if I remember correctly, Hassebeck had a couple of big performances in important games. Not sure you can count on that from Tarvaris.

dont get me wrong im no jackson fan. but in a 16 game season(which he has never had) jackson should easily better those numbers. plus jackson is a legitimate threat to run the football. you do have a valid point though. im not sure jackson can win many big games either. thats why i picked the niners and not the hawks

IDK if he will "easily" best those numbers. the most games he has started is 12, in 2007. He threw for 1900 yards, 9 TDs, and 12 INTS., for a rating of 70.8.

but yeah, i think we can all agree that the Seahawks don't pose a very likely threat. Can't overlook them, but measuring each team as of today, its hard to not think that its our division to lose.
IDK if he will "easily" best those numbers. the most games he has started is 12, in 2007. He threw for 1900 yards, 9 TDs, and 12 INTS., for a rating of 70.8.

but yeah, i think we can all agree that the Seahawks don't pose a very likely threat. Can't overlook them, but measuring each team as of today, its hard to not think that its our division to lose.

to be fair those numbers came in his 2nd year. he is now back with the same oc and this time he has a few years under his belt in the same offense with the same terminology. i expect much better numbers out of jackson this year. id say 15-20tds and 15-20 ints with 3,000-3,500 yds and 450yds rushing with 4-5 tds.

nothing to write home about but good enough to be competitive in this league.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 11, 2011 at 2:57 PM ]

to be fair those numbers came in his 2nd year. he is now back with the same oc and this time he has a few years under his belt in the same offense with the same terminology. i expect much better numbers out of jackson this year. id say 15-20tds and 15-20 ints with 3,000-3,500 yds and 450yds rushing with 4-5 tds.

nothing to write home about but good enough to be competitive in this league.

fair enough. Seattle usually plays us tough, and they'll have confidence after last year. With most of the division games at the end of the season this year, it could be a pretty wild ride.
fair enough. Seattle usually plays us tough, and they'll have confidence after last year. With most of the division games at the end of the season this year, it could be a pretty wild ride.

i just wanted to add that if you look at what he did in his 5 starts in 2008 after gus frerotte went down he lit it up. 9tds 2 ints 1050 yds and a qb rating of 95.0.

people keep sleeping on him but he could have a very solid year for sea.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why would anybody vote for the Rams or Cardinals? The Rams have serious issues at many positions, far worse than us. Bradford can't solve most things. And just because the Cardinals got a QB with a 75 passer rating in a far superior offense last year does not mean he will be anything with them. The Cardinals are a far less talented team than us, across the board. No RB to game plan for, an average at best o-line, a huge question mark at QB, zero WR depth, a lackluster secondary (with no depth) and absolutely zero pass rush ability.

The Cardinals will own a top 5 pick. Regardless of how Kolb plays. That team is pitiful.
Us, but I think it totally depends on how quickly everyone gels. If we start out slowly, then maybe the rams, but at least we won't be inhibited due to poor coaching anymore.

i just wanted to add that if you look at what he did in his 5 starts in 2008 after gus frerotte went down he lit it up. 9tds 2 ints 1050 yds and a qb rating of 95.0.

yeah, but if you look at the actual games stats, he started the first two games of the season, didn't do much, and then, when he came in at the end of the season had a couple of good games. 4 of those TD's came against the Tards. The Vikings were 2-3 in games he started.

I'm not writing him off. I'm one of the people who thought the whole Favre-to-Minny thing was a step backwards because it was a band-aid that did nothing to solve their long-term QB situation. But I'm dubious of his ability to throw for 3500 yards and 20 TD's this year. I think that is extremely unlikely.
it will be the rams or niners. Hopefully its us

he's also familiar with the system they're installing in Seattle because its the same offensive coordinator both he and Sidney Rice played in at Minnesota.

The niners have the talent but like it has been said if they don't gel it can start rough.
[ Edited by 49ersGiantspride on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM ]
yeah, but if you look at the actual games stats, he started the first two games of the season, didn't do much, and then, when he came in at the end of the season had a couple of good games. 4 of those TD's came against the Tards. The Vikings were 2-3 in games he started.

I'm not writing him off. I'm one of the people who thought the whole Favre-to-Minny thing was a step backwards because it was a band-aid that did nothing to solve their long-term QB situation. But I'm dubious of his ability to throw for 3500 yards and 20 TD's this year. I think that is extremely unlikely.

that might be a bit lofty but not by much if it is. also i think it was a good move by minn. the damn near went to the superbowl because of the favre signing. if not for ap fumbling the ball so many times and favres horrible pass back across the field they would have went to and possibly won the superbowl. if the niners show they are a qb away from winning im happy with them selling out to bring in a vet qb to win another sb trophy. even if it sets us back a year or 2 its worth it imo.

dp
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I say the Rams until proven otherwise, they have a franchise QB with at least 1 year with the team

I'm just glad we aren't the "we won the offseason on paper" favorites from ESPN this year.
oooofta
What's your deal
Originally posted by okdkid:
Why would anybody vote for the Rams or Cardinals? The Rams have serious issues at many positions, far worse than us. Bradford can't solve most things. And just because the Cardinals got a QB with a 75 passer rating in a far superior offense last year does not mean he will be anything with them. The Cardinals are a far less talented team than us, across the board. No RB to game plan for, an average at best o-line, a huge question mark at QB, zero WR depth, a lackluster secondary (with no depth) and absolutely zero pass rush ability.

The Cardinals will own a top 5 pick. Regardless of how Kolb plays. That team is pitiful.

So far so good

Share 49ersWebzone