LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Baalke get on the phone with the Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I would send a 7th round draft pick to the Steelers for Dennis Dixon. It is down to Dixon and Batch for the third qb spot, and Dixon is way better than the #3 and #4 and a good back up, and mature, and went to San Leandro high. I would then signe Dixon to a 3 year deal. This way your qb situation is stable moving forward, something the niners have not had for years.

Starter -Alex Smith
back up- Dennis Dixon
3rd Colin Kaepernick (for first year)
id rather have josh johnson from the bucs who is familiar with harbaugh. whats the attraction to dixon?
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
id rather have josh johnson from the bucs who is familiar with harbaugh. whats the attraction to dixon?

Have you not seen Dennis Dixon play in the NFL compared to Josh Freeman playing in the NFL??
Originally posted by 9erred:
Have you not seen Dennis Dixon play in the NFL compared to Josh Freeman playing in the NFL??

josh johnson played for harbaugh at sd st. josh freeman started all 16 games, throwing for 3,451 yards while completing 61.4% of his throws.He also had the ninth best TD/INT ratio in NFL history, throwing 25 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
He better not trade Mays for that

josh johnson played for harbaugh at sd st. josh freeman started all 16 games, throwing for 3,451 yards while completing 61.4% of his throws.He also had the ninth best TD/INT ratio in NFL history, throwing 25 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions.
Are you delerious? Josh Johnson threw 25 touchdowns and only 6 interceptions, and is the best in NFL history. Please post the stats that show Josh Johnson threw this in the NFL.
Are you delerious? Josh Johnson threw 25 touchdowns and only 6 interceptions, and is the best in NFL history. Please post the stats that show Josh Johnson threw this in the NFL.

Are you a high school graduate? Read the dude's post again.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'm satisfied with CK as our future QB, but Dixon is worth more than a 7th
i doubt we swing a trade just to get a backup QB. we'll see who shakes loose after the final cuts.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

I read the following, this is cut and pasted from his saying. "He also had the ninth best TD/INT ratio in NFL history, throwing 25 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions."

So I am asking the poster to post the link to these stats, theses are not the stats that I have seen. If the poster is talking about college stats then if that is case, other qb's would be even better.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

I read the following, this is cut and pasted from his saying. "He also had the ninth best TD/INT ratio in NFL history, throwing 25 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions."

So I am asking the poster to post the link to these stats, theses are not the stats that I have seen. If the poster is talking about college stats then if that is case, other qb's would be even better.

too many QB's named Josh; its confusing!

Ok now reread the post
dennis dixon?? ewwwwww ew ew ewww
Don't tell him yet, let him be confused
Share 49ersWebzone