There are 124 users in the forums

Channing Crowder retires

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't understand...why do guys in their mid 20's announce their retirement? I bet 99% of them would come back if another team had a plethora of injuries at that position and offered a bunch of money for him to play for them...why not just stay listed as a FA?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
maybe he had no offers or not as much money as he wanted... but s**t at 27? wow dude is still a really good player
sign him
I place this guy ahead of Lofa Tatupu and Kirk Morrison.

His feud with Rex Ryan was great.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
I place this guy ahead of Lofa Tatupu and Kirk Morrison.

His feud with Rex Ryan was great.

And Leron McClain.
Originally posted by andes14:
I don't understand...why do guys in their mid 20's announce their retirement? I bet 99% of them would come back if another team had a plethora of injuries at that position and offered a bunch of money for him to play for them...why not just stay listed as a FA?

He didnt file any retirement papers. Crowder is always joking with the media. This is your second fail in as many tries.
crowder is a big baby, i live in south florida and he announced his retirement on the radio. dude said hes gotten offers from pats, eagles, bears and others i forgot and he said his wife is pregnant and he doesnt want to leave florida to go play in the north. smh, 27 yrs old and crying because he doesnt wanna leave his pregnant wife and play in some cold weather. dude isnt even that good anyways and the dolphins saw it and upgraded with kevin burnett
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
crowder is a big baby, i live in south florida and he announced his retirement on the radio. dude said hes gotten offers from pats, eagles, bears and others i forgot and he said his wife is pregnant and he doesnt want to leave florida to go play in the north. smh, 27 yrs old and crying because he doesnt wanna leave his pregnant wife and play in some cold weather. dude isnt even that good anyways and the dolphins saw it and upgraded with kevin burnett

didnt he sustain a knee injury last year?
He'll be back when he realizes how fast a new family can go through $ and how much children cost in education, clothes and doctors. He'll realize how good he really had it compared to the rest of us who have to work 5-6 days a week w/ only 2-3 weeks a year off for vacation. Ask Tiki Barber how retirement plans went.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
nobody cares.

really

isnt he like 27?
Isn't this the same dude who was talkin smack to Rex Ryan last year???
He brought so much to the game and will miss him.

no doubt a hall of famer
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

no doubt a hall of famer

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

no doubt a hall of famer

Share 49ersWebzone