LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

The Next "Shutdown" DB

Shop 49ers game tickets
Browns' Haden gets more in touch with fans.

BEREA — Bored and killing time during the NFL lockout, Browns cornerback Joe Haden was wandering around a local shopping mall when he decided to see if some friends wanted to meet for lunch.

So, he logged into his Twitter account and Haden told his followers — any of the 50,000 who could make it — to meet him at a sushi restaurant.

“We took over the whole place,” Haden said Monday.

And, he picked up the tab.

“Pretty hefty,” Haden said without divulging the bill. “I just wanted to give back to the fans.”

Not bad for a guy who prefers taking things away.

Haden, who intercepted a team-high six passes as a rookie for Cleveland last year, has much bigger plans for his second NFL season. The former first-round pick whose Florida teammates nicknamed “Rock Star” because of his flamboyance and outgoing personality, has his sights on becoming one of the league’s elite cornerbacks — maybe even the best one.

http://www.cantonrep.com/browns/x782943716/Browns-Haden-gets-more-in-touch-with-fans

[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Aug 9, 2011 at 8:22 AM ]
thats was cool of him.
Originally posted by miked1978:
thats was cool of him.

Should help A LITTLE with this...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Ocho takes his fans out all the time. It's cool that some players actually give back to their fans like this.

FTR Haden won't be shutdown IMHO. Really really like the kid and hoped he would fall to us last year however I don't think he'll achieve that rare and elite status of corner.
Very cool of him.
PR stunt
Who cares.
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Who cares.
Nice. But suschi
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Very cool of him.

This, wish i was there.. would have got a massive amount of sushi.

Originally posted by valrod33:
PR stunt

Actually he does this pretty often. He always tweets where he and teammates will be so fans can come and hang out with him.

And on a talent level, the guy had a phenomenal rookie year, outplaying Devin Mccourty by a pretty sizable margin though he obviously didnt get nearly as much coverage by the media.
[ Edited by jojomellon on Aug 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM ]
Originally posted by English:
Nice. But suschi

Mongolian Grill would have taken FORever
Originally posted by miked1978:
thats was cool of him.
i really wanted him as a niner he was #1 on my board (out of the realistic possiblities) too bad he never fell to us
Share 49ersWebzone