There are 204 users in the forums

Adrian Wilson out for Season?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by redrathman:

R.I.P. Wilson

IMHO, this is not cool.

You never make fun of anyone who is in the hospital.

Let's show a little class here, shall we? Adrian Wilson is a pro-bowl player. I know we all want our team to do well but let us put that aside for a moment and wish him well.

Obviously Newbie you have never been to the Parking Lot...u gotta simma down nah, its not a shot at anyone, its what the Zone does...

R.I.P. Wilson

IMHO, this is not cool.

Let's show a little class here, shall we? Adrian Wilson is a pro-bowl player. I know we all want our team to do well but let us put that aside for a moment and wish him well.

Whatta p***y
Just had the same injury, but only one of the 2 tendons tore. 4-6 weeks recovery time and then I will need to strengthen it. If he tore both tendons the bicep will be balled up close to his shoulder. Not sure about the length of recovery on the complete tear, but he should be able to comeback mid season, but he is definitely out to start the year.
The word on the Cards' message boards is that someone tweeted, that he may not need surgery and may not miss any or many games.

nothing has been verified, just what they are saying.
ClaytonESPN: Early word out of Cards camp is S Adrian Wilson won't need surgery on his biceps or elbow, but full report will be made Monday

ClaytonESPN: The Cards did lose backup CB MIke Adams for a couple of weeks. He's going to need a knee scope.
Quote:
A torn muscle in his arm won’t be enough to sideline Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Wilson has a torn bicep but is determined to try to play with it.

Wilson is scheduled to get a second opinion, and it’s possible that he’ll be told he absolutely has to have surgery, which could be season-ending. But based on the first medical opinion, which was that Wilson could delay the surgery until after the season if he can play through the pain, that’s his plan.

The 31-year-old Wilson has stayed relatively healthy during his 10-year NFL career, missing a total of 10 games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/08/adrian-wilson-plans-to-play-through-torn-muscle/
Originally posted by QBguru:

R.I.P. Wilson

IMHO, this is not cool.

Whatta p***y

why because he has moral standards
Originally posted by PTulini:
ClaytonESPN: Early word out of Cards camp is S Adrian Wilson won't need surgery on his biceps or elbow, but full report will be made Monday

ClaytonESPN: The Cards did lose backup CB MIke Adams for a couple of weeks. He's going to need a knee scope.

this.

And he plans to play through the pain.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

this.

Takes a lot of heart to do that. Good for him. I can't hate a guy, Cardinal or not, that wants to earn his check.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fropwns:

this.

Takes a lot of heart to do that. Good for him. I can't hate a guy, Cardinal or not, that wants to earn his check.

True. But playing 16 games with that? Thats gotta be a major risk for further damage. Sure playing this year he will help the team, but he still has 5 years or so left in him, may hurt the team in the long term
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

this.

True. But playing 16 games with that? Thats gotta be a major risk for further damage. Sure playing this year he will help the team, but he still has 5 years or so left in him, may hurt the team in the long term

Highly doubtful he makes it all year, its awesome he wants play through it but week after week of using that bicep to tackle RB's is gonna take its toll at some point.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

this.

Totally agree. Sometimes, heart overrides commonsense.

this.

Totally agree. Sometimes, heart overrides commonsense.

i was watching espn and they said the dr. told aw that he could play with it. it must not be that dangerous if the doc told him he could play.

this.

This.. miss the first 1-3 games of the year, and come back healed and help your team, and not hurt urself in the long run.
Share 49ersWebzone