There are 369 users in the forums

The New Total QBR System??

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cwilson830:
As soon as you throw subjectivity into an equation, you might as well throw it out the window.

This
2008 JT O'Sullivan - 20.3

lmao.

wait
I don't much care for it. It's too theoretical... If you though passer rating was complicated, this is 10x so. Also, someone has to watch the tape to determine what some of the numbers are, and their OPINION seems to matter... For instance, Define garbage time exactly. What's the difference between a comeback that doesn't quite happen, and garbage time? Someones opinion. In my opinion this is another case of ESPN manufacturing the news, rather than reporting it.
Joe Montana!!!
It's the equivalent of the MPAA rating system: very subjective, and tend to reward QBs of good teams (with the MPAA, famous guys like Spielberg can get more lenient ratings.)
[ Edited by fastforward on Aug 6, 2011 at 6:22 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
So is this a stat that will be used everywhere, like on live games and on NFL.com or just some ESPN crap that will fade away in a couple months?
QBR brought to you by ESPN.

It's a marketing strategy from where I'm sitting.
Originally posted by Chief:
So is this a stat that will be used everywhere, like on live games and on NFL.com or just some ESPN crap that will fade away in a couple months?

ESPN trying to make news instead of report it
Share 49ersWebzone