LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

HGH Testing: Good or Bad for NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets

HGH Testing: Good or Bad for NFL?

Adam Schefter tweeted that a source said the new CBA calls for HGH testing. If true, this will affect the way the game is played, performance on the field, personal stats and a number of other game changing factors. The question is though, is this good or bad for the game and us fans who love how the game is today?

Discuss.
So your assumption is that a lot of players are on HGH?
its a good thing patrick willis already got paid
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
about as worthwhile as the NBA's marijuana testing.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Good.

Why would it be bad?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So your assumption is that a lot of players are on HGH?

If Baseball had its fair share it's safe to say the NFL has its.
Originally posted by Amir:
Good.

Why would it be bad?

HGH affected players in MLB by limiting the amount of home runs one could get. The entertainment factor at least from this standpoint has been affected. When was the last time there was a Sammy Sosa/Mark McGwire HR race? A Barry Bonds run at the HR record? When players stopped taking HGH their play was affected. This kind ripple affect could potentially limit the play and stats players in the NFL. Rushing yards, sack totals, receptions, touchdowns and more could all see a decline which, in turn, could affect the entertainment value for many fans.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Good.

Why would it be bad?

HGH affected players in MLB by limiting the amount of home runs one could get. The entertainment factor at least from this standpoint has been affected. When was the last time there was a Sammy Sosa/Mark McGwire HR race? A Barry Bonds run at the HR record? When players stopped taking HGH their play was affected. This kind ripple affect could potentially limit the play and stats players in the NFL. Rushing yards, sack totals, receptions, touchdowns and more could all see a decline which, in turn, could affect the entertainment value for many fans.

So you're ok with players cheating and having an advantage? eff that. It should be an even playing field.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
No drugs. Things should not be less exciting without them.
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Good.

Why would it be bad?

So you're ok with players cheating and having an advantage? eff that. It should be an even playing field.

I'm not saying I'm ok with anything. I'm saying these are possible affects of HGH testing and asking if people see a positive or negative outcome.

I am biased on HGH as I sell it all over the world from Mexico, but I think a lot of people that are posting about don't know the 1st thing about HGH. Do you know it is legal and not a controlled drug. Anyone over the age of 35 can go to a doctor in the USA, get a blood test and will qualify for a prescription of HGH. However, it is very expensive. Below is a newsletter I sent out to all my clients, if you feel this is inappropriate, please remove it:

Human growth hormone (HGH) is somatotropin, 191 amino acids, polypeptide chain. HGH is found in the anterior pituitary gland in the brain. The pituitary gland is mainly responsible for the release of HGH and four other hormones. When HGH is released from the anterior pituitary gland, it travels out of the brain through the hypothalamus throughout the body signaling organs and tissues when to release their hormones. HGH is generally released in the body in pulses up to three hours during slow wave sleep.

How can you tell if you are HGH deficient? When HGH reaches the liver, it is converted into Insuilin-like Growth Factor type 1 (IGF-1). IGF-1 then circulates throughout the blood. The easiest way to measure HGH is by measuring the IGF-1 levels in your blood. Anything under 350 IU is considered deficient.

Adults between the ages of 21 and 30 start to see a steadily decreasing rate of IGF-1 levels in their blood, that by the time they are 40 they have 60% decrease. By the time they are 80 year old they 0.5% IGF-1 level that they had when they are 20. Basically adults 70 years old have no HGH in their body.

You can slow the rate of decrease of HGH in your body by proper diet and exercise but it is inevitable that your anterior pituitary gland at some point can not keep up with the stress of life.

Why is human growth hormone, HGH so important? HGH studies have a direct link with many benefits including:
1. Increase energy and endurance
a. Improves sports performance
b. Decreases recovery time
c. Increases immune system function
2. Reduces fat accumulation
3. Builds lean muscle mass
4. Lowers blood pressure
5. Increase libido and sexual performance
6. Improves cardiac function and cholesterol levels
7. Reverses aging in skin and connective tissue
8. Produces thicker hair

The benefits from HGH is enormous and you can see why it has been dubbed the “fountain of youth.”

To benefit from external sources of HGH, it must be injected into your blood system. Since HGH is a polypeptide chain, any HGH pill will be dissolved once it reaches the gastric acids in the stomach. HGH injections can be expensive and require a prescription when purchasing with in the USA, and many other countries. However, HGH is not a federally controlled drug and can be purchased overseas and mailed directly legally.

(edited to seem less like soliciting)

[ Edited by Janitor on Aug 4, 2011 at 13:54:05 ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Someone here to argue FOR HGH? This could get really interesting
I want more drugs. HGH, steroids, bionics, all that!
Let 'em juice!! I want monsters running around on the field!
HIGH texting is more entertaining
Share 49ersWebzone