LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

a large # of teams over the cap

Shop 49ers game tickets
something like 9 or 13 teams including cowboys & steelers, are over the cap...

i can see the baalke plan come into place...as they cut players to get under, 49ers swoop them up
I'll take newman from dallas! And anyone on the steelers, but oline players i will have to pass on!!!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Hopefully someone good pops up, I doubt it, but you can always hope.
What type of reprocussions do teams have for not making the cap?
I can see it now...

Andre Johnson, Troy Polamalu, Demarcus Ware cut and signed by the niners
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I can see it now...

Andre Johnson, Troy Polamalu, Demarcus Ware cut and signed by the niners

LMAO
here is the list, according to PFT.

Raiders ($17.3 million), Steelers ($11.5 million), Texans ($8.5 million), Vikings ($5.6 million), Lions ($5 million), Cowboys ($3.7 million), and Panthers ($939,000).

Apparently these numbers include the 3M exemption, taking the cap from 120.4M to 123.4M

and apparently the Eagles have or had 3.8M plus the 3M exemption in cap space, before Ronnie Brown's 1M deal, and few others minimum deals, like ryan harris and jarrad page. Oh and Derek Landri.

I guess that even after Babin(4.5M), Jenkins(4M), Nnamdi(10M) and Vince(5.5M), I dont know if anyone restructured their deals. But its amazing that they have space still.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aclarke49:
Originally posted by Chief:

some sorta fine, i dont know the terms have been made public, so not sure.

I know in nba if over luxury tax, which is like 7-10M more than the Hard Cap, they are fined like 1M a day. Or something like that.
Originally posted by Chief:

This is from a website call askthecommish.com :

Question 1.13
So...what happens if a team goes over the Salary Cap?

Answer: The short answer is simply that NO team CAN go over the Salary Cap. Note that every contract must go through the NFL League Office before the deal can be made official. Presumably, one of the things the league must do at this time is determine whether or not the contract would violate the NFL's Salary Cap. If the deal does violate the cap, then the NFL will reject it.

If a team releases or trades a player and the signing bonus acceleration puts a team over the Salary Cap, the team will have seven days to conform with the Salary Cap. However, they may not sign any players until there is room to do so under the Salary Cap.

There have been instances in which a team has managed to sneak a cap evading contract by the league. Upon further review, the violations were caught by the league and the respective teams were penalized. Penalties include fines and/or forfeiture of draft picks. In recent history both the Pittsburgh Steelers and San Francisco 49ers have been penalized draft picks, while the 49ers' front office personnel (Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark) were also fined.

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Raiders ($17.3 million), Steelers ($11.5 million), Texans ($8.5 million), Vikings ($5.6 million), Lions ($5 million), Cowboys ($3.7 million), and Panthers ($939,000).

Apparently these numbers include the 3M exemption, taking the cap from 120.4M to 123.4M

and apparently the Eagles have or had 3.8M plus the 3M exemption in cap space, before Ronnie Brown's 1M deal, and few others minimum deals, like ryan harris and jarrad page. Oh and Derek Landri.

I guess that even after Babin(4.5M), Jenkins(4M), Nnamdi(10M) and Vince(5.5M), I dont know if anyone restructured their deals. But its amazing that they have space still.

lmao at the raiders, no wonder they lost their best corner and best TE. Who's taking all their cap space? Did they give it all to jamarcus russell?
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I'll take newman from dallas! And anyone on the steelers, but oline players i will have to pass on!!!

You would pass on Marcus Pouncy??

Crazy talk. That dude is frigging huge and would be a nice addition to the 49er o-line.
Originally posted by mike:

lmao at the raiders, no wonder they lost their best corner and best TE. Who's taking all their cap space? Did they give it all to jamarcus russell?

they always overpay their mediocre players... i know they just gave huff a huge payday
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

they always overpay their mediocre players... i know they just gave huff a huge payday

And people complain when we don't try to overpay to keep our mediocre players hahah.

kffl says that michael huff's contract was 4 yrs, 32 million (8 million a year for huff) ...what is goldson thinking when he hears this?
Share 49ersWebzone