LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Deion Helped, but the Cowboys Lost '94...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by linkboy:
They do have a small point.

To start the game, we put Sanders on Harper to start the game and Dallas didn't know how to counter it. That's one of key reasons why Davis got that pick 6.

The rest was Dallas just screwing up (much to my joy). Those three turnovers led to 21 points and Deion had little to do with it.

Getting Ken Norton, Gary Plummer, Richard Dent and Ricky Jackson helped a lot as well.
Richard Dent didn't do isht. He was a complete waste of a roster spot.
Originally posted by SS2K8:
You would think that Deion was great enough of a player that you wouldn't have to go all revisionist history on the Niners cowboys rivalry. Most of the time Deion wasn't even on Irvin, he was glued to Harper, and as we did all year, we doubled their #1 wr. I don't remember how often we put Deion on Irvin in that game, but that blatant arm bar that wasn't called when he lost the ball in the air almost changed the game. Switzer lost his mind and got a 15 yard penalty for pushing the ref.

When they asked Switzer why Jimmy Johnson could beat the 49ers with that team but he couldn't, he flat out said Jimmy didn't have to deal with the Niners having a front 7.

We replaced something like 5 or 6 starters in our front 7 in the 94 offseason specifically to shut Emmitt Smith down. We owned him and that offensive line for the rest of the Young Aikman era. How exactly does the balance of power swing solely because of Deion when we had the #1 defense two out of the next three years after him, and the Deion cowboys only won against us once? All thanks to Grbac pulling a Neil O'donnel on our own 10 yard line with a lead late, yeah sure looks like Deion swung that rivalry all by himself.

He sure didn't hurt, but neither did the record shattingly great run defense we trotted out in the first half of 95. A front 7 that made Aikman fear for his friggin life. I mean what, three pro bowlers in the secondary wasn't good enough?

How many hall of famers and pro bowlers were apart of that rivalry on both sides? You'd think Irvin, Emmitt, and Eric Davis would be a little more insulted by the amount of credit he's getting for two trophies when both teams were already the class of the league while he was off dancing with mc hammer and celebrating 5 win seasons.

Let's forget Steve's injury, our pathetic attempt to replace Ricky Watters, Holmgren knowing our offense better than we did, the ridiculous beat down we layed on the cowboys at texas stadium with a backup qb making like his second start ever at a time where they were nearly invincible there, and blowing home field advantage in the final game of the season to a non deion falcon team setting up the divisional round against our own shadow. Before that season finale in Atlanta, we were the favorites and Dallas was our b**ch.

Deion helped both teams win superbowls, he was the greatest corner ever, but the incredible amount of credit that show gave him was some all time ignorant garbage.

I don't really post here much at all anymore, but that bothered the hell out of me. I'm also kinda loaded so sorry about the giant rant and any ridiculous run on sentences. I just wanted the younger generation to know don't believe the hype as they say.

You said exactly what I have been feeling for a long time. Great post. I remember us blowing that game to the Falcons to close the season. I was just shaking my head at the tv and pissed as hell. The lowly Falcons decided to show up that day and we ended up facing Green Bay and building there run on our failure. Losing Sanders sucked but losing Watters had a far greater impact.
They outta be lucky we didn't get to them in '95, or they would've only been 2 time SuperBowl champions.
Originally posted by Amir:
f**k the Cowboys, f**k E. Smith, f**k M. Irvin, f**k T. Aikman, and f**k their fans.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
They outta be lucky we didn't get to them in '95, or they would've only been 2 time SuperBowl champions.

if only Garrison Hearst came in earlier
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

if only Garrison Hearst came in earlier

More like if only Brett Favre was never born.
Share 49ersWebzone