There are 252 users in the forums

"We want Orton” chants make Tony Sparano sick

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Chad Henne has reached the point in his Dolphins career where the fans are irrationally impatient.

They boo him when he makes a bad throw in practice or when he makes a checkdown pass. Most famously, the home crowd at training camp uncorked a “We want Orton!” chant on Monday night that was still ringing in coach Tony Sparano’s ears Wednesday when he was asked for a reaction.

“Beside the fact that it really makes me sick? That would be it,” Sparano said Wednesday via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I think that when people come to the stadium like that in one of those kinds of events, OK, to support the Miami Dolphins, that what we should be thinking about. That’s what I think.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/03/we-want-orton-chants-make-tony-sparano-sick

now this is funny
Originally posted by susweel:
Chad Henne has reached the point in his Dolphins career where the fans are irrationally impatient.

They boo him when he makes a bad throw in practice or when he makes a checkdown pass. Most famously, the home crowd at training camp uncorked a “We want Orton!” chant on Monday night that was still ringing in coach Tony Sparano’s ears Wednesday when he was asked for a reaction.

“Beside the fact that it really makes me sick? That would be it,” Sparano said Wednesday via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I think that when people come to the stadium like that in one of those kinds of events, OK, to support the Miami Dolphins, that what we should be thinking about. That’s what I think.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/03/we-want-orton-chants-make-tony-sparano-sick

now this is funny

Sounds oddly familiar don't u think....
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Slash49:

now this is funny

these two words struck a chord

irrationally impatient.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd be sick if I was a Dolphins fan too
we should have traded them Carr instead of released him.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

for what? a broomstick? Carr is worthless
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

for what? a broomstick? Carr is worthless

He's referring to when Niner fans were chanting "We Want Carr." Derp.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Slash49:

now this is funny

The boos, bad throws and checkdowns did

[ Edited by jimrat201 on Aug 3, 2011 at 15:28:00 ]
"we want orton"..... hmm something oddly familiar but i cant put my finger on it....
he would have started throwing up if he was coaching the 49ers last year

almost like the Idiots who chanted "we want carr" what the hell were they thinking? I mean Carr?
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
almost like the Idiots who chanted "we want carr" what the hell were they thinking? I mean Carr?

Freedom from the Alex Smith Reign

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Freedom from the Alex Smith Reign

yea, had nothing to do with Carr. WE all know he sucks too, it was just a chant for change and the calling for alex smith's head.

If anyone chanting that ACTUALLY wanted Carr, i will slap them.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Dolphins suck.
At least we didn't chant for someone on another team
Share 49ersWebzone