• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by NewEraSF:
I dont get the big deal in giving up at MOST a 2nd rounder for a CB of Samuel's caliber. It not like we are loaded with amazing 2nd round picks on our team. Kaepernick looks like a stud in the making, but other than that, I see nothing in our teams ability to draft past the 1st round.

His cap figure is in the $5.4 mil range, which is nothing to get upset about. I say pull the trigger if you can. What can we lose at the moment?

s**t, send Chilo and a 4th, I dont care. Get it done.. no ones better than him in the open market anyway.

______

Because he is a zone, Tampa 2 style corner. We need bump and run guys.

He would be the worst CB on our roster in our aggressive, physical defensive strategy.

That's why.

Nate Clements was a bump and run guy, that worked out GREAT.

______

In our system, Clements is 100x better than Asante Samuel.

Listen, just because you recognize the name doesn't mean he will work out in every defensive system. Cornerbacks are not interchangeable. You love the name, not the player.

i'm not sure I even know what "our system" is going to be. Fangio has said he'll base it around the players we have. If we had Samuel, it seems to me that Fangio, if he's as smart and good as his reputaiton says he is, wouldn't force him to be a bump and run CB. My two cents.

agree, if you get a CB like him you switch some schemes to get the best out of him. It's pretty much what the eagles will do with Nnamdi.

Eagles will play same scheme...will switch philosophy though. They will be attacking more, and not because of Nnamdi but because it's a passing league. Nnamdi though will be asked to do the same thing he has done for majority of his pro career, play RCB. Reid confirmed this.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by NewEraSF:
I dont get the big deal in giving up at MOST a 2nd rounder for a CB of Samuel's caliber. It not like we are loaded with amazing 2nd round picks on our team. Kaepernick looks like a stud in the making, but other than that, I see nothing in our teams ability to draft past the 1st round.

His cap figure is in the $5.4 mil range, which is nothing to get upset about. I say pull the trigger if you can. What can we lose at the moment?

s**t, send Chilo and a 4th, I dont care. Get it done.. no ones better than him in the open market anyway.

______

Because he is a zone, Tampa 2 style corner. We need bump and run guys.

He would be the worst CB on our roster in our aggressive, physical defensive strategy.

That's why.

Nate Clements was a bump and run guy, that worked out GREAT.

______

In our system, Clements is 100x better than Asante Samuel.

Listen, just because you recognize the name doesn't mean he will work out in every defensive system. Cornerbacks are not interchangeable. You love the name, not the player.

i'm not sure I even know what "our system" is going to be. Fangio has said he'll base it around the players we have. If we had Samuel, it seems to me that Fangio, if he's as smart and good as his reputaiton says he is, wouldn't force him to be a bump and run CB. My two cents.

agree, if you get a CB like him you switch some schemes to get the best out of him. It's pretty much what the eagles will do with Nnamdi.

Eagles will play same scheme...will switch philosophy though. They will be attacking more, and not because of Nnamdi but because it's a passing league. Nnamdi though will be asked to do the same thing he has done for majority of his pro career, play RCB. Reid confirmed this.

I doubt they run the same scheme they did with Samuels. They ran a zone with him because he was extremely effective in the zone. Nnamdi comes from the raiders were they ran a man to man. You would think they would play to his strengths
raiders retain huff

i guess its between us vs. cowboys for dashon goldston
Won't get
lol
We really need to do this trade NOW
still havent heard anything from goldston
DaFaro your "sources" are slippin bruh...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Was he the one last year posting a whole bunch of these "insider rumors" that never came about? Can't remember who it was, but someone here claimed to have a buddy in the front office.

Everyone is assuming Asante will be on his way out, but the Eagles aren't saying anything. I'm sure they're entertaining offers. My guess that they'll want a 3rd and use the cap space for D-Jax.

Originally posted by battletowin:

Because we're busy signing bench bums instead of starters.

Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Was he the one last year posting a whole bunch of these "insider rumors" that never came about? Can't remember who it was, but someone here claimed to have a buddy in the front office.

Everyone is assuming Asante will be on his way out, but the Eagles aren't saying anything. I'm sure they're entertaining offers. My guess that they'll want a 3rd and use the cap space for D-Jax.

yup

hes also the guy who said we should trade gore ...2 years ago

his sources and opinions well lets just say theyre not that good

Who's Goldston and what team was he on last year?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

you serious? ahh I see.....................Goldson

[ Edited by jimrat201 on Jul 31, 2011 at 19:26:02 ]
i want me some asante
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Vernon Gholston?

He's a Chicago Bear now, was drafted by the Jets the same year as Kentwan Balmer, both turned out to be MASSIVE BUSTS.
Share 49ersWebzone