LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

DE Charles Johnson is set to re-sign with the Panthers

Shop 49ers game tickets
- PFT

Quote:
league source tells PFT’s Mike Florio that the Panthers and Johnson have agreed on a deal that will keep Johnson in Carolina.

The Panthers’ front office and Johnson’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, have worked out a six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus.

The 25-year-old Johnson started all 16 games for the Panthers last season and recorded 11.5 sacks.
All Hail Drew Rosenhaus
They gave him Peppers money.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Carolina is so f**king stupid!!!!!!!!!! they could've/should've gave peppers this money, but instead, give this scrub that money. Damn, DAMN, DAMN
Who
Originally posted by toeknee:
Who

This
Well he's a good young player. Peppers won't play at a high level forever
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by toeknee:
Who

This

25 years old and he had 11.5 sacks last year
I ain't hating.

but really tho... lol @ this signing

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Carolina is so f**king stupid!!!!!!!!!! they could've/should've gave peppers this money, but instead, give this scrub that money. Damn, DAMN, DAMN

Peppers didn't want to sign a long term deal to remain in Carolina at that time. He also was 30, Johnson is 5 years younger.

Carolina however may have overpaid here. He had 10 sacks in his first 3 years before exploding last year. Can he replicate those numbers going forward ? Ron Rivera is a very good DC, and one who can put him in a position to do so but the pressure is now on Johnson to prove he isn't a one hit wonder.
in that case, carolina could've traded peppers' ass so they could get something for him. They really dropped the ball here.
I had no idea this guy even existed.
I'll chalk this up to a rookie head coach and/or the unusual offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone