LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 318 users in the forums

Carson Palmer has Retired

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown has been called stubborn due to his unwillingness to give-in to quarterback Carson Palmer's release or trade him demand. With that demand, Carson Palmer has told the team, and media, that he will retire unless he gets his way. Today the Bengal's owner has finally recognized that, in fact, saying "Carson Palmer has retired," according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Brown issued his hardest statement yet on the matter during Tuesday’s pre training camp press conference at Paul Brown Stadium.

Said Brown: “I honesty like Carson Palmer. He was a splendid player for us. He is a good person. I wish him well and he has retired. That is his choice.”

“I’m not expecting him to be back. Carson signed a contract, he made a commitment. He gave us his word. We relied on his word and his commitment. We expected him to perform here. If he is going to walk away from his commitment we aren’t going to reward him for doing it.”

Now we know Mike Brown's stance on the matter is official after this statement. Carson Palmer seems adamant on his stance as well from his quote this offseason about already having "enough millions of dollars to live the rest of his life without playing another snap in the NFL."

Link

[ Edited by VDSF on Jul 26, 2011 at 11:45:26 ]
That's too bad. Would have liked to see that guy get a shot at a ring.
lol
no he didnt
I guess nobody stepped up to offer what Mike Brown was demanding for a trade.
f**k Mike Brown the wanna-be slave owner......Don't give me that bs, he "signed a contract " talk. NFL teams will cut your ass in a minute if they can replace you for cheap. f**kin hypocrite.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jul 26, 2011 at 11:49:23 ]
Mike Brown is gonna be a son of a b***h (too), will hold onto his contract rights (won't relinquish them) encase he pulls a 'switcheroo' before the trade deadline this season.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Mike Brown is a... f**k, I got nothing bad enough to call him. Somebody help me out?
Brown is a jackass. If you have a player that is going to retire unless you trade him, that means you either trade him and get something in return or get nothing. Either way, that player is not going to play for you anymore.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I respect Mike Brown's hard line approach. The dude is old school..........

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
f**k Mike Brown the wanna-be slave owner......Don't give me that bs, he "signed a contract " talk. NFL teams will cut your ass in a minute if they can replace you for cheap. f**kin hypocrite.

dont hide your feelings..be open and honest about it
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I'm shocked you said that.

And stupid.
Stubborn old F*ckn man you could of got something in return if you would just traded him you dumb f*ck that's why the Bungles will never win a superbowl
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:

I'm shocked you said that.

You cant let the inmates run the asylum. Its his team and he runs it his way.
Share 49ersWebzone