LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Terrell Suggs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Is it just me or is this guy incredibly overrated? He only has 2 more sacks over the last 3 years than Justin Smith, and getting sacks isn't even Smith's job and that's essentially ALL Suggs' job is (not to mention he plays behind a great d-line which makes his job way easier). He also only has 1 double digit sack season since 2004 and averages 8.5 sacks per season for his career...and yet this is a guy who cracked the top-40 of the top-100 players of 2011? I just don't get it.
hes constantly double teamed and he also gets an insane amount of pressure on qb
I don't think he's overrated, but he is overpaid.
NOT overrated; he's the guy who distracts people from Ray Lewis, so Ray Lewis can go after people with 8% more consistency. -It's the same type of equation as Willis/Spikes.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
hes constantly double teamed and he also gets an insane amount of pressure on qb

So does a guy like Justin Smith (for both being double teamed and getting an insane amount of pressure), yet he has nearly as many sacks over the last 2 years....and that's not even his job whereas it is for Suggs.
Originally posted by andes14:
Is it just me or is this guy incredibly overrated? He only has 2 more sacks over the last 3 years than Justin Smith, and getting sacks isn't even Smith's job and that's essentially ALL Suggs' job is (not to mention he plays behind a great d-line which makes his job way easier). He also only has 1 double digit sack season since 2004 and averages 8.5 sacks per season for his career...and yet this is a guy who cracked the top-40 of the top-100 players of 2011? I just don't get it.

you are right. Suggs is great and so is smith. both should of been around 70
Share 49ersWebzone