LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Hypocrisy?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Coach Harbaugh was called out by the NFL for talking about the resigning Alex Smith. Apparently, lockout rules say you can't talk about unsigned players... Fair enough, however, what is with all of the discussion surrounding Kevin Kolb, and now, Farve?

Link
"Kevin Kolb is going to get dealt from Philadelphia, most likely going to be to the NFC West, and right now all signs point to Arizona."

Why do all signs point to Arizona? And what exactly are the "signs"?

The signs it would seem, being that the information came from Schefter, would be sources. In which case, there are certainly discussions going on, that are not permitted under the lockout rules.

Link
Howard Eskin of WIP radio in Philly reports that the Eagles could sign quarterback Brett Favre as a backup to Mike Vick, after Kevin Kolb is shipped out of town.

Sources told Eskin, who serves as a sideline reporter for the team’s radio broadcasts, that it’s “possible” the Eagles will sign Favre.

There was a rumor making the rounds last week that Favre had approached the Seahawks about possibly becoming the successor to Matt Hasselbeck,

Again, it would seem free agents are being discussed by teams. IF, these reports are in fact true. Now, I could care less about having the NFL come out and verbally warn these teams. There is no benefit in that for the 49ers. However, I wonder if I am interpreting the lockout rules correctly, and this is indeed hypocrisy?
[ Edited by 49erFan on Jul 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
NFL hates the 49ers.

It's true.

If it's coming straight from the horses mouth there's going to be problems. Got to use the back doors, and let beat writers spread out the rumors.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
If it's coming straight from the horses mouth there's going to be problems. Got to use the back doors, and let beat writers spread out the rumors.

Shhhh....

NFL hates the 49ers.

It's true.

I would never lie.

Originally posted by tjd808185:

I suppose that makes sense. Hard to "prove" anyone is breaking the rules if the story is based from a source. Still, it seems a little shady that the standard is, you can talk to players if it's not a team official announcing it.

Or the NFL hates the 49ers...
Originally posted by Wodwo:
NFL hates the 49ers.

It's true.

That's something a raider fan would say.

Everything is a huge conspiracy against them.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
NFL hates the 49ers.

It's true.

according to the webzone..the nfl hates the 9ers, espn hates us, every national writer, every tv personality, all anouncers....
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
You guys did get that I was joking, right? ::sigh::

My humor suxxorz.
it must be because we owned the league for over 15 years unlike any othr team in the history of the nfl....although we did share a little of the wealth in the 90's by letting montana go and ricky watters and charles haley leaving (3 or so super bowls).

I would be mad if a team kept winning year after year especially if it werent the niners.
It's call Harbaugh is a rookie coach and was just talking too much. Do what everybody else does and just talk behind closed doors. then you leak what you want to the media.

Originally posted by lamontb:
It's call Harbaugh is a rookie coach and was just talking too much. Do what everybody else does and just talk behind closed doors. then you leak what you want to the media.

This
Just like how I think it was Tim Barnes (UDFA) said two teams talked to him during the lockout. The teams won't get punished even though they should. The Crabtree situation with NY was b.s. too. Also, an agent said teams where calling last night and deals are done and you can't even negotiate yet. Certain teams get punished, others they don't care about.
Originally posted by elguapo:
it must be because we owned the league for over 15 years unlike any othr team in the history of the nfl....although we did share a little of the wealth in the 90's by letting montana go and ricky watters and charles haley leaving (3 or so super bowls).

I would be mad if a team kept winning year after year especially if it werent the niners.

Seems like Peyton Manning has been owning the league for a long time, and so have the pats and they don't generate this much hate, they actually get special exceptions made.
Roger Goodell is a major d-bag.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Roger Goodell is a major d-bag.

He's done some s**t to really piss me off, but he's either a really good actor or he was really emotional about football being back. He seemed like he was about to burst into tears of joy to me at the press conference earlier.

Still mad at him for a lot of s**t, but I won't say bad s**t about him as a man.
Share 49ersWebzone