LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

5 Teams That Could Make The Leap in 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If we do have a top-5 pick next year after another abysmal year, it would set us up nicely to get a penetrating NT in the draft.

But I think there are a lot of the posters in this thread that are overestimating our division in general and the 'new coach' wildcard.

Plus, the majority of our in-division games are later in the season, so more and more of the playbook will have been implemented by that point.

My original estimation, 7-9, still seems very plausible. And as we all know, that's pushing for a playoff spot.

It's just these 10 - 6 and 11 - 5 dreams that are totally out of the question. A full offseason of no work. A new system. Big uncertainty at pass rush, defensive backfield, and QB. I like the 49ers but there is no way this turns out super well. We are doomed to rebuilding again in 2011.

agree
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 23, 2011 at 9:45 PM ]
Not much consolation, but if we expect four wins (as I do) I suppose we can be happy if they overachieve and get five or six...
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Not much consolation, but if we expect four wins (as I do) I suppose we can be happy if they overachieve and get five or six...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I'm not buying the hype no mo.

Share 49ersWebzone