There are 194 users in the forums

NT Kris Jenkins is retiring

Shop 49ers game tickets
Adam Schefter: Larry Hardesty from ESPN NY 1050 reports former Jets nose tackle Kris Jenkins soon will announce his retirement.
he was good but became injury prone the past couple of seasons landing on IR multiple times
  • Paul
  • Veteran
dude was solid but unspectacular... probably not a hall of famer, but overall solid

Maryland Terp
Originally posted by Paul:
dude was solid but unspectacular... probably not a hall of famer, but overall solid

I agree he's not HOF material but he was much more than solid for a while. Id even say dominant for a few years with Carolina. Three time all-pro, four time pro-bowler.
Too bad, could have potentially been a 1 year replacement if Franklin left. Pretty good career... best of luck to him in retirement.
sign him
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Too bad, could have potentially been a 1 year replacement if Franklin left. Pretty good career... best of luck to him in retirement.

Now I could see the Jets overpaying and signing Franklin.

Do the Jets really like Mike Devito much?
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Now I could see the Jets overpaying and signing Franklin.

Do the Jets really like Mike Devito much?

I think so, not sure though. So they lost their NT and I believe cut Shaun Ellis. Think Sione Puha is their NT in line and maybe Devito starts at De. Either way Jets are already 1.2 mil over the cap without signing rookies or re-uping their guys. Not sure they have the room. I would think Washington goes after Franklin for the 3-4 NT.

I'm hope 49ers at least throw out an offer for him within reason.

Edit: Forget to mention they have Holmes and Edwards to worry about. Cromartie as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone