LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Rookie salary cap scale

Shop 49ers game tickets
Panthers | Cam Newton's pay to be down significantly
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 23:57:56 -0700

Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton is likely to receive a contract in the range of five years and $35 million with the new rookie payscale in the new collective bargaining agreement. In the old CBA, St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford, the No. 1 pick of the 2010 draft, received six years and $78 million.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora

Wow, I think that great news. No more breaking the Bank on an unproven rookie. Thats less than Alex got over 6 years ago. That just leaves more money for the vets and RFA. Good job NFL!
Originally posted by PiratePete:
Panthers | Cam Newton's pay to be down significantly
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 23:57:56 -0700

Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton is likely to receive a contract in the range of five years and $35 million with the new rookie payscale in the new collective bargaining agreement. In the old CBA, St. Louis Rams QB Sam Bradford, the No. 1 pick of the 2010 draft, received six years and $78 million.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: NFL Network - Jason La Canfora

Wow, I think that great news. No more breaking the Bank on an unproven rookie. Thats less than Alex got over 6 years ago. That just leaves more money for the vets and RFA. Good job NFL!

I know the source its listed, however some will crucify without a link.........
KFFL.com Hot off the wire for those who feel the need to question links.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I'm interested in seeing the complete details of how this scale is going to work.
he should have stayed at auburn

Karma is a b*tch.
Good. Top 15 picks got way too much.

I was hoping it would be less than the 35 mil listed.

5 years 25 mil. 5 a year is nice!

But progress.
good, but it's still way too much moneys.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
good, but it's still way too much moneys.
They basically cut it in half. I`m ok with this number. It esintially allows a team to be able to sign two top 5 picks in the same draft class. I bet these draft picks go way up in value now. The salaries dont kill you anymore.

lol, talk about the bad luck of being the first rookie class after the golden years are over. Oh well, some how I think they will survive
  • Paul
  • Veteran
In 2001 Vick signed for 6 yrs and 62 million I think.. it's been a huge problem for years! Newton will be okay, i have read there's an option to renegotiate after the 3rd year so they will still get money
slashed prices in half, but what if the Cowboys and Raiders fu*k it up and actually give someone like Cam $75 mill up front?
Can they do that?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
slashed prices in half, but what if the Cowboys and Raiders fu*k it up and actually give someone like Cam $75 mill up front?
Can they do that?

naw man, they can't do that.
Quote:
First-round picks now will sign 4-yr deals, with options for a 5th. Vets get $ instead. Under terms of the new rookie salary system, first-round picks will reportedly see a decrease of 40-50 percent from last season's contracts. The first losers of the next CBA are Cam Netwon and player agents. The winners are established veterans. Newton won't sniff the $42 to $50 million in guarantees received by Sam Bradford and Matthew Stafford the past two years. On a positive note, he was playing football for free last season ... in theory.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/91900002321973248

I think Carolina just dodged a fatal bullet here...