LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Redskins to let go of Haynesworth, McNabb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Both of these players can still play. No one succeeds on the redskins.
Originally posted by RichmondPete:

they really f**ked over haynesworth IMO. its the equivalent of signing tom brady and having him only throw 10 passes a game.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

they really f**ked over haynesworth IMO. its the equivalent of signing tom brady and having him only throw 10 passes a game.

Well I guess they figured they were paying him enough to ask him to do whatever they wanted. Can't say I disagree.

What is stupid is that they took over a roster and implemented a system that their team's highest paid player would not be effective in.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Well I guess they figured they were paying him enough to ask him to do whatever they wanted. Can't say I disagree.

What is stupid is that they took over a roster and implemented a system that their team's highest paid player would not be effective in.

well they basically lied to him, but its the skins, doesnt surprise me
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If this happens, McNabb ends up in Arizona. I'm not happy about that.

im ecstatic if he goes to AZ

I can see why you would think that but I think the skins were just a bad fit for him. He's not the same player but still a very good qb. Not to mention that he would have Fitz and other talent on offense to work with.

I doubt the Redskins were just a bad fit for him. The guy is done. He used to be a good QB, now he's older and losing it. He can go to AZ and it wouldn't bother me much, aside from the fact that he's better than anything they have right now - which isn't saying much. I'd rather have the Cardinals pick up McNabb than trade for Kolb.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jul 13, 2011 at 6:01 PM ]
They must have a ton of dead money on their pay roll. How do they manage to sign everybody to top dollar contracts and stay under the cap? Guess it helps when you keep having to cut people a year or two later. Why did they even bother going through a 5 year 78 million dollar extension with McNabb. They end up only spending 3.75 if they cut him... still don't see why they bothered. Like the Panthers when they signed a 34 or whatever year old Delhomme to a 5 year deal worth 42.5 mil (20 mil guaranteed) despite him declining. I guess it was payment for all the years he played for dirt cheap and did well for them.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I can see why you would think that but I think the skins were just a bad fit for him. He's not the same player but still a very good qb. Not to mention that he would have Fitz and other talent on offense to work with.

I doubt the Redskins were just a bad fit for him. The guy is done. He used to be a good QB, now he's older and losing it. He can go to AZ and it wouldn't bother me much, aside from the fact that he's better than anything they have right now - which isn't saying much. I'd rather have the Cardinals pick up McNabb than trade for Kolb.

It was obvious his problems last year were not with his physical skills. If Arizona gets McNabb we are going to have 2 very difficult games to play next year.
  • Chief
  • Veteran

It was obvious his problems last year were not with his physical skills. If Arizona gets McNabb we are going to have 2 very difficult games to play next year.

Agreed, he is much scarier than Melvin Cob.
They're both done IMO

unless if they secretly sterioded up in the lockout offseason, I don't see them ever coming back to form.

Haynesworth keeps phucking up offield and Mcnabb isn't taking the game seriously.

No, it was not obvious his problems last year were not with his physical skills. In fact, if you bothered to watch him at all, it was pretty obvious his problems had a helluva lot to do with his diminishing physical skills.

No, it was not obvious his problems last year were not with his physical skills. In fact, if you bothered to watch him at all, it was pretty obvious his problems had a helluva lot to do with his diminishing physical skills.

I disagree, I am sure I saw just as much of McNabb as you.
If Kaep cant compete with Smith this season at QB i forsure know that McNabb can he knows the west coast offense & can contribute from day one

if the niners want to stay competitive this season & make a playoff run THEY MUST go after a free agent QB that will keep Smith on his toe's all season if we go in with Smith Kaep & maybe Josh Johnson might as well start planning for next years offseason

ATTENTION MANAGEMENT: GO AFTER McNabb or any other free agent QB out there
McNabb > Carr

but I think McNabb wants to be a starter.

Capereknnickk is a rookie.
No way in hell does he do well his first year of football.

BRING IN MCNABB YORK

MAKE US BUY TICKETS
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by okdkid:

________

Yep. McNabb has trained this offseason with my trainer and a couple Cardinals players here in Chandler, AZ. Other players say the same thing about him the media does. Great guy, fun to be around...but skills have seriously eroded.

What the heck is shannahan going to do at Qb. They are letting go of Mcnabb, Bears fans used to call Rex "Gross Rectum" and they didn't draft anybody. I don't like the Redskins but I hate the Cowboys and Eagles.

John Beck. Everybody is DC is perplexed. But Mike and his son really seem to believe that John Beck is the future in DC as far as qb.

skins dropped the ball on both of these guys. They should have just cut ties with Haynesworth instead of all that drama. Or just traded him for whatever.

and benching McNabb killed his trade value. Now everybody knows they are gonna release him. could have played it correctly and tricked a team for a 3rd or 4th rounder considering they gave up a 2nd and 3rd rounder for him.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jul 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM ]
I'd take McNabb over any QB on our roster right now lets keep it real. We definitely don't want this guy with Fitz out in the desert.....
Share 49ersWebzone