There are 288 users in the forums

Redskins to let go of Haynesworth, McNabb

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
The Washington Redskins will take anything they can get in trading Albert Haynesworth and will release Donovan McNabb, the NFL Network reported Wednesday.

Haynesworth has been at odds with coach Mike Shanahan for the last year. The defensive tackle voiced his displeasure with a switch to a 3-4 defense, skipped voluntary and mandatory workouts while accepting a $21 million roster bonus and came to training camp woefully out of shape.

Once the season began, Haynesworth was used as a spot player before being suspended by the team for the last four games after telling general manager Bruce Allen that he would not speak to Shanahan. He goes on trial for misdemeanor sexual abuse Aug. 23.

The Redskins could release Haynesworth but would have to take a huge salary cap hit. He could interest a team that plays a 4-3 defense such as St. Louis or Denver, which may be willing to part with a late-round draft pick.

McNabb was acquired in a trade with Philadelphia prior to last season and also clashed with Shanahan, eventually losing his starting job shortly after signing a contract extension.

The new contract includes a $10 million bonus due in September that if paid triggers the remainder of the five-year, $70 million deal.

Link
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Skins being Skins.
Originally posted by Amir:
Skins being Skins.

skinners gonna skin
Redskin givers.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I hope Haynesworth goes to St. Louis.

First, he is the antithesis of a winner.

Second, his contract will force them to acquire lesser talent.
ZOMG! Sine dem bowf!!1!
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
If this happens, McNabb ends up in Arizona. I'm not happy about that.

im ecstatic if he goes to AZ

I wouldn't be happy about that either. I'd rather him end up in Seattle if he's coming to the nfc west. That way he'll be on another team with no receivers and useless.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

I can see why you would think that but I think the skins were just a bad fit for him. He's not the same player but still a very good qb. Not to mention that he would have Fitz and other talent on offense to work with.

Skins being Skins.

so true...just makin' more room so they can sign more bust FA's
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

________

Yep. McNabb has trained this offseason with my trainer and a couple Cardinals players here in Chandler, AZ. Other players say the same thing about him the media does. Great guy, fun to be around...but skills have seriously eroded.
Originally posted by okdkid:

________

Yep. McNabb has trained this offseason with my trainer and a couple Cardinals players here in Chandler, AZ. Other players say the same thing about him the media does. Great guy, fun to be around...but skills have seriously eroded.

What the heck is shannahan going to do at Qb. They are letting go of Mcnabb, Bears fans used to call Rex "Gross Rectum" and they didn't draft anybody. I don't like the Redskins but I hate the Cowboys and Eagles.
Haynesworth was definitely worth the $35 mil.
I hope neither end up in the NFC west. McNabb is very capable of having a bounce back season and Haynesworth on the right team can be just as good as he was with Tennessee.
Share 49ersWebzone