LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

James Harrison rips Roger Goodell

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He's right on the money about Rouelthleeissberger in the SUper Bowl

That pick six cost them everything.

Yet Aaron Rodgers got the MVP.

I hate Roth but he was pretty stinking good on that last drive in the superbowl against the cardinals. The last pass to Holmes in the corner was unreal and in the perfect spot. That and the Pitt D fell apart the drive before and let Fitzgerald go on a slant route??? I wish Fitz had run around more to waist some clock before he went into the endzone.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
He's right on the money about Rouelthleeissberger in the SUper Bowl

That pick six cost them everything.

Yet Aaron Rodgers got the MVP.

Lolol here you go again. As consistent as they come.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Jul 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I love this guy!! He has the balls to speak his mind instead of pretend he's cool with his D-bag QB. Imagine someone calling out Alex smith! lol

he's cool for using a gay slur? ripping his teamates in the media when he got dominated in the super bowl? saying he'd let someone die? yeah he's pure class
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think the Steelers win Superbowl 48 without his 100-yard pick 6.

He can say all he wants and has walked the walk. Not like Big Ben doesn't deserve it. Dude got away Scott Free in court.

he already called roethlisberger and said the reporter twisted his words

I saw after the article had came out. That seems like a lot of twisting. It's a long comment on Roth. Mendenhall being called a "fumble machine." They said their cool as well but Mendenhall still posted on his twitter his stats of only 2 fumbles. Calling out Brushi and Harrison as well. If they did twist his words then that magazine got pretty creative.

im not defending him at all, that's just what got reported. i think he's a complete and total dumbass
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think the Steelers win Superbowl 48 without his 100-yard pick 6.

He can say all he wants and has walked the walk. Not like Big Ben doesn't deserve it. Dude got away Scott Free in court.

he already called roethlisberger and said the reporter twisted his words

I saw after the article had came out. That seems like a lot of twisting. It's a long comment on Roth. Mendenhall being called a "fumble machine." They said their cool as well but Mendenhall still posted on his twitter his stats of only 2 fumbles. Calling out Brushi and Harrison as well. If they did twist his words then that magazine got pretty creative.

im not defending him at all, that's just what got reported. i think he's a complete and total dumbass

Yeah i know. The guy is a complete beast but I would want nothing to do with him. The same superbowl that he got the pick six on warner, there was a clip of him holding down a cardinal and bashing his face. I thought he looked kind of insane and roided out.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
the best part of it all was this great quote by Harrison:

Quote:
“If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn’t do it,” Harrison said, per the Associated Press

Really what did he say that was so bad? You shouldn't take shots at your QB or other players on your own team, but it wouldn't be the first time
[ Edited by Paul on Jul 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." —Mark Twain
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." —Mark Twain

oh how quickly we found out
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

"unless you are a millionaire and just don't give a f**k"

-RonMexico
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I love this guy!! He has the balls to speak his mind instead of pretend he's cool with his D-bag QB. Imagine someone calling out Alex smith! lol

he's cool for using a gay slur? ripping his teamates in the media when he got dominated in the super bowl? saying he'd let someone die? yeah he's pure class

No, not so much as what he said but the fact that he said it.
He's not scared of goodell. I don't agree with what he's saying but I have to respect the fact that he's not going to take ish from no one.

It's interesting how the NFL and the Steelers don't really need to punish him and there's no billionaire target for any of those who are offended by his comments. If there were no lockout, the group he offended would be trying to sue the league or demand the league to do something which is usually related to donations and a suspension.

No money to get this time by those groups.

This will be interesting to see how it ends up since it is now only an individual responsible for nothing but his own freedom of speech having to answer to no entity that would normally punish him for not breaking any laws.
Steven A Smith made an interesting point that if a white player said the same things about a black commissioner that he would be labeled a racist and there would be protest and people wanting him banned from the league.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LB49ers:
Steven A Smith made an interesting point that if a white player said the same things about a black commissioner that he would be labeled a racist and there would be protest and people wanting him banned from the league.

...yea, fair or not - history matters.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I wonder if he will get disciplined for this even though the players were locked out.
Share 49ersWebzone