LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Hines Ward Arrested for Drunk Driving

Shop 49ers game tickets
Crime rates going up
Perfect role model...both on and off the field.
Hines almost made it his whole career without being a douche, almost.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

How does a dui make you a douche ?
Originally posted by susweel:

I think anybody that does that can easily fall into the category. I believe DUI's should get much more shame and ridicule. It is a tremendously selfish and dangerous gamble people make with little regard. I see nothing ho hum about it, it is VERY bad and should never be a turn your head and look the other way moment. Not saying your taking that position.
Anybody else catch the tweets that Ryan Clark(Pitt) and Ray Rice were exchanging on this DUI. My work computer sucks so i can't post them but it was basically Rice saying "Hines would miss week 1"... Clark responded with "glad you could comment on the matter, I know where to find you on the field"... and Rice responding to that with "you know where to find me."

- i love this rivalry and it gives them another reason to hate each other.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anybody else catch the tweets that Ryan Clark(Pitt) and Ray Rice were exchanging on this DUI. My work computer sucks so i can't post them but it was basically Rice saying "Hines would miss week 1"... Clark responded with "glad you could comment on the matter, I know where to find you on the field"... and Rice responding to that with "you know where to find me."

- i love this rivalry and it gives them another reason to hate each other.

Lol, Rice would level Clark. Dude is like a bowling ball.
"Police insist Hines Ward exhibited "glassy, bloodshot eyes" and failed multiple sobriety tests during his Saturday arrest for DUI.
Per the police report, Ward was pulled over at 2:30AM after he "failed to maintain his lane and hit a curb." Ward's court date is set for October 6. His attorney insists Ward was not impaired by alcohol and cooperated with officers."

It's funny how attorney's make comments when he obviously wasn't there. To say he wasn't impaired and cooperated has got to be a couple hours after he got arrested. It's going to be hard for Hines to get away from this.
Originally posted by Shorteous:

I think anybody that does that can easily fall into the category. I believe DUI's should get much more shame and ridicule. It is a tremendously selfish and dangerous gamble people make with little regard. I see nothing ho hum about it, it is VERY bad and should never be a turn your head and look the other way moment. Not saying your taking that position.

I think it already gets enough shame and ridicule. Texting and driving is worse, but nobody shames texters.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
"Police insist Hines Ward exhibited "glassy, bloodshot eyes" and failed multiple sobriety tests during his Saturday arrest for DUI.
Per the police report, Ward was pulled over at 2:30AM after he "failed to maintain his lane and hit a curb." Ward's court date is set for October 6. His attorney insists Ward was not impaired by alcohol and cooperated with officers."

It's funny how attorney's make comments when he obviously wasn't there. To say he wasn't impaired and cooperated has got to be a couple hours after he got arrested. It's going to be hard for Hines to get away from this.

The attorney isn't going to say "yeah he did it". Innocent until proven guilty, until such a time as the court rules he did it, he is innocent.

Originally posted by Janitor:

The attorney isn't going to say "yeah he did it". Innocent until proven guilty, until such a time as the court rules he did it, he is innocent.

I don't expect the attorney to say that he did. Maybe something like "when we have more information on the subject we will comment, but for now Hines has always been an outstanding citizen in the community...blah, blah, blah."
Making the typical attorney comment of my client didn't do it doesn't hold any merit. We know he wasn't there and Hines is going to tell him he wasn't drunk. The attorney is just blabbering words to protect his paycheck instead of defending what is true.

Aside from the fact that you could kill innocent people?
every asian person I know is allergic to alcohol. He should know better.

I'm thinking they busted him when he danced the cha cha during the field sobriety test. In serious, I am ashamed to say that imdid it several times when I was younger, and I am constantly thankful that I did not hurt or kill anyone. It is selfish decision made for convenience by someone who was to lazy to plan a way to get home.
Share 49ersWebzone