LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Nike Re-Signs Michael Vick

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
According to CNBC’s Darren Rovell, athletic apparel giant Nike has re-signed superstar quarterback Michael Vick to a endorsement deal. Here’s some of the details:

The brand dropped him in August 2007, halting the release of his fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, and releasing a statement saying that cruelty to animals was “inhumane, abhorrent and unacceptable.”

“Michael acknowledges his past mistakes,” said Nike spokesman Derek Kent. “We do not condone those actions, but we support the positive changes he has made to better himself off the field.”

Vick’s longtime agent Joel Segal told CNBC that “Michael is excited to have a long-term and strong relationship with Nike.” The deal was done by Chicago-based attorney Andrew Stroth.

Nike had been giving Vick free products since his return to the field after serving 23 months in prison, but wasn’t paying him. Financial consideration on his new contract was not disclosed.

Vick has already successfully resurrected his NFL career on the field and its nice to see his reputation off the field going in the same positive direction. Before his conviction back in 2007 Vick was one of the most marketable athletes in professional sports and at the time was the highest paid player in the NFL.

Hats off to Michael Vick. Hopefully his climb back to prominence continues and he is able to stay out of trouble.

Link
Thats My Dog!!!!!!!

Dog Fighting......Just Do It
i'd be a little bitter if i was vick.. but how can you turn down that paperrrrr? $$$
good. dude's a baller.

I love how he has lineman looking for someone to block five yards in front of him, and 20 yards later they're out of the camera frame
Money talks.

Nike couldn't allow Vick to stick on the open market and possibly sign with the competition.

Wonder if they gave him more or less than the original deal.
HAHAHA......Corporate America at its best!
That's nothing compared to companies giving Ray Lewis the opportunity to become a spokesperson again.

Right, killer?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I think Vick just got a deal with Subway also.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
That's nothing compared to companies giving Ray Lewis the opportunity to become a spokesperson again.

Right, killer?

Oh snap!

good for him
Nike's new shoe: "The Hypocrite" in stores now!
for QB Eagles

Right, killer?

I thought he lied to the police about seeing a killing and tried to help his friend cover some s**t up. he wasnt the one that actually killed someone. did he?
Originally posted by FreddyG:

Right, killer?

I thought he lied to the police about seeing a killing and tried to help his friend cover some s**t up. he wasnt the one that actually killed someone. did he?

Of course not.
Share 49ersWebzone