LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Osi Umenyiora Files Affidavit Against NFL, Wants Out of New York

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora has filed an affadavit in Minnesota federal court stating that the Giants broke promises they had made to him in the past.

According to Umenyiora, Giants general manager Jerry Reese never followed through on his promise to renegotiate his contact. This could lead to Umenyiora’s departure before the regular season begins. It might also explain why the Giants drafted Jason Pierre-Paul and will most likely re-sign Mathias Kiwanuka.

“In early April 2008, approximately two weeks before the start of the New York Giants offseason conditioning program, I, Osi Umenyiora, had a meeting with the general manager of the New York Giants, Mr. Jerry Reese,” testified Umenyiora.

“After about an hour of discussing my current contract, as well as the contracts of other defensive ends currently playing in the National Football League, Mr. Reese told me that two years from the start of the 2008 league year, if I was currently playing at a high level, we’d either renegotiate my current contract so that it would be equal to that of the top five defensive ends playing or I would be traded to a team that would do that.

“Before leaving the meeting, I asked Mr. Reese twice if he was absolutely sure that would be the case. He then told me that he was an honest and church-going man and that he would not lie, which I believed to be the case. Under the penalty of perjury these statements are true and accurate.”

The NFL Players Association is backing up Umenyiora’s statements and feels that he has suffered irreparable harm. This is the reason why he is one of the main plaintiffs in the antitrust case against the NFL owners.

Link!

is this fool fa real?
I bet he ends up in Cleveland.
This was part of the NFL pa anti trust suit as evidence that some players can get more money or career success in other places. You guys got this twisted. I heard that on NFLTA on NFLN.
Its too bad he doesn't really fit our system. A few years ago he was probably the best DE in football. Do you guys think he could play 3-4 DE or OLB? I just don't see it. Not big enough for 3-4 DE and not enough lateral quickness for OLB...

... to bad. Good luck Osi. He will end up being a commentator or talk show guy. He is articulate and funny.
Sign him
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sign him

Then go back to a 43 wooooooooooooo
The NFLPA? What NFLPA?
I just hope he doesn't end up with his old coach, Steve Spagnuolo on the Rams. I don't want us to play him twice a year.

[ Edited by Harbaugh52 on Jun 16, 2011 at 19:37:25 ]
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Sign him

Then go back to a 43 wooooooooooooo

He's probably getting tired of taking dumps on girls in NY and is looking for new meat.
LeSean McCoy talking s**t.

Oh Snap!!!

[ Edited by pelos21 on Jun 18, 2011 at 00:11:49 ]
Share 49ersWebzone