There are 175 users in the forums

LOL Biggest Joke ive heard yet.. Goddell Says lockout is for fans to.

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PiratePete:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Stadiums aren't filling up like they use to. I don't think he's entirely wrong here. This is why the owners are fighting this so hard.

Now of course they're not doing it for the fans, but don't kid yourself the higher the percentage of profits that go to the players the higher the cost of your ticket.

What? The NFL is at an all time high in generating revenue.

yep... nobody should expect a decline in ticket prices unless fans stop showing up. Owners will raise prices as much as they can to reap in the profits.... thats business.
Wutang is for the children.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Stadiums aren't filling up like they use to. I don't think he's entirely wrong here. This is why the owners are fighting this so hard.

Now of course they're not doing it for the fans, but don't kid yourself the higher the percentage of profits that go to the players the higher the cost of your ticket.

yep... nobody should expect a decline in ticket prices unless fans stop showing up. Owners will raise prices as much as they can to reap in the profits.... thats business.

Being provided NFL services is not a right that we are all entitled to, the goal of a business is to maximize its profits. Unfortunately the demand is such that the people not able to keep up with the inc prices will be replaced by others who can. The NFL goal is not to produce as much product as possible but to produce the amount of profit that creates the largest gap between the total revenue curve and the total cost curve.
Originally posted by modninerfan:

In 2009 the NFL had 22 blackouts, last year they had 26. Ticket sales peaked in 2007 and ever since then it's been on the decline. Ticket sales stayed roughly the same from 09 but they had a 5% decline on season ticket seats.

The NFL is seeing a decrease in fans going to games right now due to the bad economy and high prices. Yeah revenues are at an all time high but so is operation costs.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Goddell is the worst commish the NFL has ever had. Perhaps someone should explain inflation to this cat. Prices go up not down. You used to be able to buy a candy bar for a nickle. Inflation is to blame not the workers/players. If he is so worried about ticket prices then why doesnt he use some of the NFLs revenue and assets to lower ticket prices? NFL films, NFL.com etc is fully owned by the NFL. Every time Goddell opens his mouth I cringe at his thoughtless responses.

Player salary escalation has far exceeded the rate of inflation over the last 15 years. 5% inflation will double the price of something every 15 years. I believe the average NFL player makes a lot more than double of his 1996 counterpart.
The thing to remember here is that the owners are trying to get a bigger part of the revenue than ever before. This will not benefit the fans in any way shape or form. Anyone who thinks taking money away from the players and putting it into the pockets of the owners will result in a better NFL for the fans needs to investigate what kind of people become owners of multi-million dollar franchises, generally not the type of people who are eager to help others ahead of themselves.

Think of it this way, we as fans spend lets say $60 to go see a football game. That money is gone once we receive our tickets. Now, would we rather have our ticket money go to the actual team or the owner of that team? In my opinion I would rather all of it go anywhere but in the team owners pockets.
sorry dudes but goodell is for real with that. i know we are a little bitter but the truth is that the nfl is the product and we are the consumers. with no consumers there is no money being made. he may seem like a dummy at times but believe me he's a smart business man to hold the position that he holds
Originally posted by split66:
sorry dudes but goodell is for real with that. i know we are a little bitter but the truth is that the nfl is the product and we are the consumers. with no consumers there is no money being made. he may seem like a dummy at times but believe me he's a smart business man to hold the position that he holds

Goodell get off the 49ers webzone.
it is

dont you appreciate football more now?
I call BS. It's all about the $$$$$$$

Originally posted by BobS:
Goddell is the worst commish the NFL has ever had. Perhaps someone should explain inflation to this cat. Prices go up not down. You used to be able to buy a candy bar for a nickle. Inflation is to blame not the workers/players. If he is so worried about ticket prices then why doesnt he use some of the NFLs revenue and assets to lower ticket prices? NFL films, NFL.com etc is fully owned by the NFL. Every time Goddell opens his mouth I cringe at his thoughtless responses.

Player salary escalation has far exceeded the rate of inflation over the last 15 years. 5% inflation will double the price of something every 15 years. I believe the average NFL player makes a lot more than double of his 1996 counterpart.

Inflation has nothing to do with anything. The players' salaries are a proportion of total revenue as set by the salary cap. The players make more because the league makes more, and the owners make more unless they lose other revenie streams like cities that will use tax dollars to mortgage their futures building owners stadiums, which has happened, and which this is about.

Ticket prices are not set based on projected profit goals. That's ridiculous, a lie at best. Ticket prices are set to generate maximum revenue. That's it. If you think the players salaries (in essence a set % of revenue) have caused ticket prices to rise or that owners want a larger % to do you a solid then god help you. Salaries are high BECAUSE ticket prices are high (and really bc of the tv contract), not the other way around.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by BobS:

Inflation has nothing to do with anything. The players' salaries are a proportion of total revenue as set by the salary cap. The players make more because the league makes more, and the owners make more unless they lose other revenie streams like cities that will use tax dollars to mortgage their futures building owners stadiums, which has happened, and which this is about.

Ticket prices are not set based on projected profit goals. That's ridiculous, a lie at best. Ticket prices are set to generate maximum revenue. That's it. If you think the players salaries (in essence a set % of revenue) have caused ticket prices to rise or that owners want a larger % to do you a solid then god help you. Salaries are high BECAUSE ticket prices are high (and really bc of the tv contract), not the other way around.

I think the point Goodell is making is attendance is trending downwards and fans just aren't going to a continual increase in ticket sales in this economy. And I don't buy that for a second. See rookie contracts that rise on a 10% increase every single year. On it's own player costs will go up because that's the nature of business. When Peyton signs for 100 mil that sets the market and the next guy is going to look for a increase. Ticket prices are set to stretch revenue to it's limit. The NFL is at that limit. If they don't reign in costs they're going to be the ones eating it.
Share 49ersWebzone