There are 229 users in the forums

NFL's Top 100 Players

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can't believe this thread doesn't get more love.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I personally find this thing as one big waste of time. Its just NFL trying to give us some crappy opinionated programing to fill the dead off season. All these ranking are matter of opinions, and I frankly thing its boring and redundant.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I personally find this thing as one big waste of time. Its just NFL trying to give us some crappy opinionated programing to fill the dead off season. All these ranking are matter of opinions, and I frankly thing its boring and redundant.

But it's an all player vote. Consider it the probowl selection minus the goofy fans and coaches. Anytime you get an opporunity to get ranked by your peers I think it's interesting. Those are the guys in the trenches and actually playing. It doesn't mean they are right, but it's interesting. To each their own, I guess...
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Unfortunately Justin Smith won't get mentioned. He should. One of the top 3-4 DEs in the league. If he played for the Pats he'd be top 30 for sure. Really that much separating him and Seymor?

I would be surprised if he isn't on the list. But at the point there at on the countdown, it looks unlikely. BS
Originally posted by jones49:
Unfortunately Justin Smith won't get mentioned. He should. One of the top 3-4 DEs in the league. If he played for the Pats he'd be top 30 for sure. Really that much separating him and Seymor?

I would be surprised if he isn't on the list. But at the point there at on the countdown, it looks unlikely. BS

Pin his numbers in a 3-4 against Seymour and he's better. He could still be on the list, but yeah, I agree, this late in the game I would doubt it. Only because he plays for crappy teams. One of the best niner defensive lineman ever in my opinion.
Originally posted by BobS:
Maybe they are using the whole career as a guide? Gonzalez is HOF material, Davis and Clark aren't even in that discussion yet.

its supposed to be top 100 player of 2011. even though gonzalez is a HOFer, dosent mean that he is better in 2011. that is why brandon lloyd is so high(50s).
Originally posted by niners9:
Maybe they are using the whole career as a guide? Gonzalez is HOF material, Davis and Clark aren't even in that discussion yet.

its supposed to be top 100 player of 2011. even though gonzalez is a HOFer, dosent mean that he is better in 2011. that is why brandon lloyd is so high(50s).

There is no question guys like Donnivan Mcnabb made it on this based on past success. So while the list should be for 2011 play only, some players just have the respect of the league.
Originally posted by Slash49:
Originally posted by YungAce:
where do you guys think willis fall? if it's not the 15, this list is complete horse s**t

Agree, he is Top 15....sadly the players are dumb so i think he ends up in the 30's

The players are dumb?
I can't believe the NFL is making money off of the likeness of its players right now. Is this not breaking some kind of law or general ethic?
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
I can't believe the NFL is making money off of the likeness of its players right now. Is this not breaking some kind of law or general ethic?

ikr...i dont see how thats possible. maybe they only make money from certain areas of the nfl merchandise and the nfl network isnt one of them

It's really inconsistent. Some have had great careers but sucked recently (McNabb) while others have had crappy careers but been great recently (B. Lloyd).

It's so stupid. Only like 40 or 45 guys get initially voted to the pro-bowl from each conference and he's made it each of the last two years. So I don't see the basis for why he wouldn't make it. Before the series started, the NFL Network broke down the list in all sorts of ways. How many at each position, by team, by college, by round drafted, etc. I just don't remember whether the niners had 3 or 4.
Curious to see what # is Willis......
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Curious to see what # is Willis......

I am too. I think he very well may be the highest rated middle linebacker. I say around 15.
I watched the first episode, and Eric Berry and someone else was ranked ahead of Gore so I stopped watching this bulls**t

Ill watch the last 1 i guess
Share 49ersWebzone