There are 246 users in the forums

Former NFL great has brain tumor

Shop 49ers game tickets
Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf said Thursday he could face radiation treatments if the part of a brain tumor that couldn't be removed by doctors winds up getting bigger.

Leaf told The Associated Press that the California doctor who performed the surgery couldn't get all of the tumor because parts were wrapped around brain stem nerves that affect swallowing and shoulder movement. Doctors said the tumor was benign.

"We're going to monitor it and if it starts to grow again then we're going to have to do a six-week round of radiation," Leaf said in a phone interview from California.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Sorry, the guy was such a jerk and thought he was better than everyone I can't find sympathy for him.
Originally posted by BobS:
Sorry, the guy was such a jerk and thought he was better than everyone I can't find sympathy for him.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Jus figured I'd post it.
lmao, i dont care how much of a jerk, I wish him the best. Never wanna see anyone die or have an illness.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Misleading title, 25% warning!!!!

......wait wait wait, your right, #1 Bust in NFL history.....your good, carry on.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Come on..ya he was a dick but he has a brain tumor. This isn't like smokers who get lung cancer (who I don't feel sorry for because what did they expect). Unless you are trying to make a case that being a dick can cause brain cancer.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Come on..ya he was a dick but he has a brain tumor. This isn't like smokers who get lung cancer (who I don't feel sorry for because what did they expect). Unless you are trying to make a case that being a dick can cause brain cancer.

I have known people who lived where he was staying when attending WSU. He cared about no one but himself, and constantly reminded anyone around him how much better he was than they were. He cared about no one but himself, so why should anyone care about him? It has nothing to do with him being a bust. If you were a jerk in health and life who no one liked, why should you be likeable when sick or in death?
  • Veteran
NFL great? I wish him a quick recovery though.
Originally posted by 190836:

NFL great. Must be a misprint for NFL grate.

and its benign. So we dont have to be nice, he is still a dick head
  • MuggD
  • Veteran

I have known people who lived where he was staying when attending WSU. He cared about no one but himself, and constantly reminded anyone around him how much better he was than they were. He cared about no one but himself, so why should anyone care about him? It has nothing to do with him being a bust. If you were a jerk in health and life who no one liked, why should you be likeable when sick or in death?
So this 19 year old kid had a big ego? Well then, he deserves brain cancer.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins879:

Didn't say he deserved cancer, also Leaf has been an a-hole his whole life, even after being the world's biggest bust. Pretty sure Ryan Leaf could care less about anyone else, so why anyone would be concerned for him is beyond me. I knew people who were in his presence when in college, it wasn't just a big ego, guy was a no class jerk to most everyone.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by Muggins879:

"Doctors said the tumor was benign."
Share 49ersWebzone