There are 229 users in the forums

Dear Roger: I'm Your Canary

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
i stopped ready after quote

Yeah, I know its a little lengthy. Kind of hard to read the whole thing huh? The guy should have added pretty pictures.

mah bad i meant reading but yeah a little to long for my blood
Originally posted by thedude:
Great article, it'd be nice to think this message was heard but the cynic in me says that's likely not the case...if it was I doubt the NFL would be in the situation it's in today. I'm not saying the players are necessarily right in this whole dispute, but the writer makes a great point that many teams are building ridiculously unnecessary monuments in a time of great economic downturn and then turning around saying they need a bigger cut of revenues to stay afloat - definitely hypocritical at best.

Oh, and sorry if my comments are too long for some of you - I know reading something that takes more than 1 minute is really hard.

BURN!

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Man, that's well said. Worth the read.

seriously I dont read stuff that long but that was really worth the read. Every hardcore fan, player, coach, and NFL employee should read this. This was really a very well worded article he wrote. This guy is right on the dime and it is funny I read this because I was just sitting here thinking "Man I sure have not had any desire for football lately and feel like I lost some love for the game". I am a very hardcore fan and very emotional/passionate about the game and my niners. Something better get done because if there is no football this season there is going to be some big changes fan wise (even though there already is some but it will magnify 10 fold).

For all those who didnt read I feel you made a mistake.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on May 28, 2011 at 8:17 AM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Great article, it'd be nice to think this message was heard but the cynic in me says that's likely not the case...if it was I doubt the NFL would be in the situation it's in today. I'm not saying the players are necessarily right in this whole dispute, but the writer makes a great point that many teams are building ridiculously unnecessary monuments in a time of great economic downturn and then turning around saying they need a bigger cut of revenues to stay afloat - definitely hypocritical at best.

Oh, and sorry if my comments are too long for some of you - I know reading something that takes more than 1 minute is really hard.

$75 to park at Cowboys games? Per game?

I'm not liking the NFL too much right now.
Good read, It made me kind of sad. It makes you think about how much we as fans get emotionally invested in these teams and that it can be taken from us in an instant. This has not really bothered me until today because I haven't seriously considered that a deal won't get done. This blows.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

seriously I dont read stuff that long but that was really worth the read. Every hardcore fan, player, coach, and NFL employee should read this. This was really a very well worded article he wrote. This guy is right on the dime and it is funny I read this because I was just sitting here thinking "Man I sure have not had any desire for football lately and feel like I lost some love for the game". I am a very hardcore fan and very emotional/passionate about the game and my niners. Something better get done because if there is no football this season there is going to be some big changes fan wise (even though there already is some but it will magnify 10 fold).

I think the realization of the bolded is what really hit home for me and will eventually get to many of the "hardcore" fans. Why go through all of the emotion, stress, and even time cause I could be doing something else with my family, when these greedy b*****ds don't really give a chit?!?!
Originally posted by jrg:

Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by redrathman:

Yeah, I know its a little lengthy. Kind of hard to read the whole thing huh? The guy should have added pretty pictures.

It's pathetic how people come to a message board, but are too lazy to read things longer than 2 sentences.

Great article.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Great article! pretty much on point with how I feel. Those greedy f**kers have a good thing going. They are playing with fire pulling this s**t.

On the other hand if Jerry Jones can get people to pay $75 a game to park and the lot is full more power to him. Supply and demand, a prudent business man will raise prices to the tipping point where he starts to lose market share. Until people stop buying the prices will continue to escalate, blame the consumer, not Jerry Jones.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

It's pathetic how people come to a message board, but are too lazy to read things longer than 2 sentences.

Great article.

Coming and being lazy is not the problem, it's promoting it by posting the stupid "didn't read" pictures. ^^Somebody^^ even found it necessary to post it twice.

If it's too long for you, move along right?
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Great article! pretty much on point with how I feel. Those greedy f**kers have a good thing going. They are playing with fire pulling this s**t.

On the other hand if Jerry Jones can get people to pay $75 a game to park and the lot is full more power to him. Supply and demand, a prudent business man will raise prices to the tipping point where he starts to lose market share. Until people stop buying the prices will continue to escalate, blame the consumer, not Jerry Jones.

Well Said....its us the fans that keep buying it up...its all about supply and demand.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I think the realization of the bolded is what really hit home for me and will eventually get to many of the "hardcore" fans. Why go through all of the emotion, stress, and even time cause I could be doing something else with my family, when these greedy b*****ds don't really give a chit?!?!

I agree with you bro. I know I have lost some passion for the game because of all this crap going on. I was like many on this board. A Hardcore fan that that went through the emotion and stress that the NFL brings. I haven't been that way this year because of the lockout. I have been realizing more and more that there will not be a season this year.
Share 49ersWebzone