There are 231 users in the forums

Packers to give Al Harris a superbowl ring

Shop 49ers game tickets
I think this good gesture cheapens the value of the players who were on the team and won the championship.
is brett favre gonna get one?
If I was Harris, I`d be hitting up Vegas and going to the Pawn Stars
i still think the packers are gay...
He was probably buffing some helmets in the locker room.
Originally posted by niners9:
if i were him i would take the ring, but never wear it. i dont think i could show off a ring i really didnt help earn.

You can take the word "really" out because he literally didn't help them earn it. I understand why the Packers want to give him one, but they didn't win any Super Bowls with his contributions. He literally did nothing to help them earn that ring.

If were him I wouldn't even accept it. I'd thank them for the gesture, but decline. A ring like that is meaningless to someone who didn't help earn it. I guess you could sell it and get some money, but the man is a millionaire. It's basically worthless outside of the appreciation from the Packers organization - which can be shown in other ways.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by jrg:
So where are all the other rings for the other players who were either cut or put on the PUP list?
It's more for his contribution to the team over many years

A championship only counts for ONE YEAR - a year in which Al Harris made no contribution.
Originally posted by crabman82:
is brett favre gonna get one?

Seriously. Why not?

Rick will see you real soon.
if i were him i would take the ring, but never wear it. i dont think i could show off a ring i really didnt help earn.

It's b.s. to say he didn't earn it...He played there 8 years and was one of the first in a long line a strong defensive backs in GB, setting a high standard for that defense. He obviously means a lot to the Pack if they want to give him a ring they have no obligation giving him...sounds like they think he earned it.

Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
b***h move

agreed

cosigned
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:

It's b.s. to say he didn't earn it...He played there 8 years and was one of the first in a long line a strong defensive backs in GB, setting a high standard for that defense. He obviously means a lot to the Pack if they want to give him a ring they have no obligation giving him...sounds like they think he earned it.

how did he earn it? he was released in Nov. what did he do in miami/home that helped them win a SB?
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'm not quite sure if I would even take it. I definitely would not wear it though. The ring itself would be meaningless to me, if I were in his position.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'm not quite sure if I would even take it. I definitely would not wear it though. The ring itself would be meaningless to me, if I were in his position.

-9fA

Just the thought that my former team loved me enough to give me a superbowl ring would be enough meaning for me to wear it.
Al Harris: Shove that ring right up your a$$!!!
Share 49ersWebzone