LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Sources: Cowboys to Cut Terence Newman, Sign Oakland Raiders’ Nnamdi Asomugha

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
The Dallas Cowboys have a decent stable of cornerbacks. Most signs from the 2011 NFL Draft point to the Cowboys keeping those cornerbacks for the upcoming season. However, you have to keep Dallas team owner and general manager Jerry Jones’ quick trigger finger in mind when it comes to free agency. New rumors say the Cowboys will cut Terence Newman and look to sign a marquee cornerback, that most likely being Oakland Raider Nnamdi Asomugha.

Those beliefs originate from comparisons of Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan’s defense to his twin brother’s, New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan. The Jets have Darrelle Revis to apply heavy pressure on star receivers, which makes the Ryan defenses click. The Cowboys have a pressure corner in Mike Jenkins, although his 2010 performance was very disappointing compared to his 2009 Pro Bowl campaign.

Sources say Jones will cut Newman to sign Asomugha and then have two pressure cornerbacks to really exploit Rob Ryan’s defensive scheme. The same sources say Jones will look to sign Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins, another key to the Ryan defense.

Whether or not that happens, the Cowboys will definitely sign at least one defensive back in free agency, most likely a safety. If Asomugha will not sign with Dallas, then the Denver Broncos’ Champ Bailey is also available along with the Minnesota Vikings’ Lito Sheppard and the Washington Redskins’ Phillip Buchanon.

Link
Not trusting that site.

Not to mention that Bailey just got a new deal IIRC.

-9fA

So nobody can sign players except for Goodells friends i.e. Cowboys,Jets,Redskins,and Raiders?
this was common knowledge they were already expected to cut newman and obviously they want to sign namdi

i couldve told you this
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
this was common knowledge they were already expected to cut newman and obviously they want to sign namdi

i couldve told you this

This
nnamdi ain't going to play for those punk b***hes!
Originally posted by teeohh:
nnamdi ain't going to play for those punk b***hes!

He'll be in red and gold!!

[insert praying smiley]
he isnt going anywhere
Originally posted by DaBallhawk21:
he isnt going anywhere

no way hes staying in oakland they just payed that other guy 10 mil a year meaning they would have to give namdi at least 13-15 mil a year that ialong with huffs contract that is way to much money tied up in the secondary

he isnt going anywhere

no way hes staying in oakland they just payed that other guy 10 mil a year meaning they would have to give namdi at least 13-15 mil a year that ialong with huffs contract that is way to much money tied up in the secondary

I think he's saying that geographically speaking, Nnamdi isn't going anywhere and he's saying he's coming to SF. Hopefully he's right, but I doubt it. But I hope I'm wrong on this one, we really need help at CB and by cutting Nate and not spending on Abrayo Franklin we should be able to afford the 18-20 mill per year needed to sign him.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
he isnt going anywhere

I think he's saying that geographically speaking, Nnamdi isn't going anywhere and he's saying he's coming to SF. Hopefully he's right, but I doubt it. But I hope I'm wrong on this one, we really need help at CB and by cutting Nate and not spending on Abrayo Franklin we should be able to afford the 18-20 mill per year needed to sign him.

I have no problem with giving a mega huge deal to a guy who deserves it and can earn it like namdi. CB is our most pressing need next to QB.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
he isnt going anywhere

I have no problem with giving a mega huge deal to a guy who deserves it and can earn it like namdi. CB is our most pressing need next to QB.

Same. I would give that money to Nnamdi and I think the numbers work out. I am just not sure that even if we pay enough that he will come to the 49ers.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
he isnt going anywhere

Same. I would give that money to Nnamdi and I think the numbers work out. I am just not sure that even if we pay enough that he will come to the 49ers.

We'll have to wait and see, but he can shut half the field down and that makes the other corners and safeties jobs a lot easier.
If this happens, by girlfriend is going to feel it.
Share 49ersWebzone