Panthers Rookie Cam Newton Working Out With Chris Weinke

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Chris Weinke was pretty good.

He almost helped us beat the Browns!

-9fA

If by almost you mean sucking ass, then yes he almost helped us beat the browns.

-9fA

If by almost you mean sucking ass, then yes he almost helped us beat the browns.

That was deep, man.
My prediction:

Carolina will lose Steve Smith this offseason and really struggle early in the season. They'll try to bring in a veteran QB when the lockout is lifted, but it won't matter. Claussen won't really be a factor. He's not ready either. Under pressure from the fans (and ownership) they'll throw Cam out there around game 8-10 and he'll be completely overwhelmed and ineffective.

I know every season is vastly different, but looking around the league, Carolina looks like a favorite to get the #1 overall next year too. To make it worse, they're probably going to have to pass on Luck because of Cam.

I'm glad I'm not a Panthers fan. They appear to be heading downhill in a hurry. (Now watch them go to the playoffs)
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
My prediction:

Carolina will lose Steve Smith this offseason and really struggle early in the season. They'll try to bring in a veteran QB when the lockout is lifted, but it won't matter. Claussen won't really be a factor. He's not ready either. Under pressure from the fans (and ownership) they'll throw Cam out there around game 8-10 and he'll be completely overwhelmed and ineffective.

I know every season is vastly different, but looking around the league, Carolina looks like a favorite to get the #1 overall next year too. To make it worse, they're probably going to have to pass on Luck because of Cam.

I'm glad I'm not a Panthers fan. They appear to be heading downhill in a hurry. (Now watch them go to the playoffs)

That could make it better in another sense, that is IF Marty Hurney can take a hard stance and rape somebody by trading them the #1 pick.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
My prediction:

That could make it better in another sense, that is IF Marty Hurney can take a hard stance and rape somebody by trading them the #1 pick.

OR the league is going to view the #2 pick as the lottery ticket, knowing that the Panthers aren't going to draft a QB.

You're probably right though. That would be a hell of spot to trade out of. For the rights to Luck, there is certainly going to be a slew of teams eager to trade away two 1st rounders and probably several others willing to toss in another two 2nd round picks.

When you think about what ATL gave away for Julio, a deal for Luck would be insane. I have a feeling some team is going to throw two nearly two years worth of picks out there to move up and get him. We'll see though. I really do expect his performance to take a big hit with Harbaugh gone.

-9fA

LOL, it was a play on bigmike.

-9fA
Originally posted by KRS-1:
My prediction:

How often does a team get back to back #1 overall picks? I can't recall it occurring that often.

-9fA
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Weinke was on a pretty bad Panthers team that year.. he had 11 tds with almost 3000 yds passing (ok so he threw 19 ints and his team went 1-15) not to mention he did win the Heisman. Doesn't hurt Newton to be at least working with people that have had some type of success. Good for him

-9fA

What i remember the most in that game was Jerome Harrison (I think it was him, if not, it was one of their RB's) getting lit the f**k up by P-Dub, and he got penalized lol.
Originally posted by Paul:
Weinke was on a pretty bad Panthers team that year.. he had 11 tds with almost 3000 yds passing (ok so he threw 19 ints and his team went 1-15) not to mention he did win the Heisman. Doesn't hurt Newton to be at least working with people that have had some type of success. Good for him

yup, in fact there have been alot of good QB coaches/OC's who were miserable or backup QBs. Kubiak and the like.

This loser played for us. Please Harbaugh, bring us a good QB. We are in need for it. People think Shawn Hill is a pretty good QB.
Good he's learning from the best......the best at sucking in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone