LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Vikings strike Stadium agreement

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
dam niners need to get back to the drawing board after looking at minnesota's plans
Damn, that's too bad. Was really looking forward to the LA Vikings.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Damn, that's too bad. Was really looking forward to the LA Vikings.

LA steals another MIN team.
So why is Goodell and the NFL going to help the Vikings pay for their stadium when the 49ers were told the stadium fund was dry.
Originally posted by NinerNate:
So why is Goodell and the NFL going to help the Vikings pay for their stadium when the 49ers were told the stadium fund was dry.

See that's what I was wondering. Didn't Santa Clara make pretty much the same agreement that Arden Hills did? If so then it would seem as if the Niners are getting screwed a bit doesn't it?
Originally posted by WINiner:

See that's what I was wondering. Didn't Santa Clara make pretty much the same agreement that Arden Hills did? If so then it would seem as if the Niners are getting screwed a bit doesn't it?

you're surprised?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

you're surprised?

I doubt thats the case, I think the Yorks are just dragging their feet on this project.

Either they dont have the money to spend on it, or they dont want to spend their money on the stadium.

I blame this all the Yorks and not the CBA or anything else.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

you're surprised?

I doubt thats the case, I think the Yorks are just dragging their feet on this project.

Either they dont have the money to spend on it, or they dont want to spend their money on the stadium.

I blame this all the Yorks and not the CBA or anything else.

I doubt the CBA has anything to do with the stadium, but you're prolly right about the feet-dragging thing.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
looks cool... but open stadium? damn! Everyone is going to freeze

They do it in Green Bay, they can do it in Minnesota.

That stadium looks BAD ASS...I wish the 49ers could get something like that instead of the pictures I've been seeing that looks like some old college football stadium. Lol
dam niners need to get back to the drawing board after looking at minnesota's plans

do you know how much its going to cost to build a state of the art stadium in the bay area? In Santa Clara a $200,000 house is a total dump. In Minnesota a $200,000 house is a mansion. totally different markets. teams that play in the midwest are going to get much nicer stadiums than we are because of the cost of everything.

people just need to get over the fact that were not going to get a giant glass box with a retracting roof, field, or jumbotron. this is football, not an opera house. who cares if its the best money can buy. its a new stadium, which is WAY better than the place were playing now.
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM ]

Originally posted by Niners99:

do you know how much its going to cost to build a state of the art stadium in the bay area? In Santa Clara a $200,000 house is a total dump. In Minnesota a $200,000 house is a mansion. totally different markets. teams that play in the midwest are going to get much nicer stadiums than we are because of the cost of everything.

people just need to get over the fact that were not going to get a giant glass box with a retracting roof, field, or jumbotron. this is football, not an opera house. who cares if its the best money can buy. its a new stadium, which is WAY better than the place were playing now.

I want a giant glass box with a retracting roof, field, and jumbotron. It has to be beautiful and an architectural marvel...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Niners99:

I want a giant glass box with a retracting roof, field, and jumbotron. It has to be beautiful and an architectural marvel...

as nice as the new stadiums are, i happen to think theyre ugly. Vince Lombardi would turn in his grave if he knew what football stadiums had become now. big square glass boxes made to look like architectural marvels.

as practical as a retractable roof would be in Minneapolis, id rather them just build an open air field. they used to play outside before the Metrodome. its NFL football.
Vikings owner Zygi Wilf reportedly met Tuesday with LA Live!'s Tim Leiweke and the AEG team that is considering an NFL stadium in Los Angeles.
Due to an unresolved $5 billion budget deficit, the final $300 million in state contribution for an Arden Hills Vikings stadium has been held up in the Minnesota state legislature. Wilf's franchise is essentially a free agent after the 2011 season, and it looks like he's at least willing to listen to the AEG team in case a deal can't be reached on a new stadium in Minnesota.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press via rotoworld.com
May 26, 7:58 PM

Los Angeles: where Minnesota sports franchises go to become great.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Vikings owner Zygi Wilf reportedly met Tuesday with LA Live!'s Tim Leiweke and the AEG team that is considering an NFL stadium in Los Angeles.
Due to an unresolved $5 billion budget deficit, the final $300 million in state contribution for an Arden Hills Vikings stadium has been held up in the Minnesota state legislature. Wilf's franchise is essentially a free agent after the 2011 season, and it looks like he's at least willing to listen to the AEG team in case a deal can't be reached on a new stadium in Minnesota.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/26/report-vikings-aeg-meeting-didnt-involve-l-a-move/

It looks like it was either related to the Target Center (run by AEG) or a ploy by Zygi Wilf to put pressure on MN. I'm confident that the Vikings will be able to get a stadium built in MN. They just have too much history and, more importantly, they've had too much recent success to move anywhere else.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

http://www.minnpost.com/politicalagenda/2011/05/27/28697/la_developer_just_wants_to_help_vikings_get_a_minnesota_stadium_built

Yep. It's just as I thought. AEG is helping the Vikes build a stadium in MN. Too bad our owners are too f**king stupid to enlist the help of a major real-estate developer.

Anyway, I'm just glad to see the Vikings stay in MN.
Share 49ersWebzone